Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently using HIDs and DLRs in my Uk spec CRZ. However, the high beam is using a halogen bulb. The halogen doesn't look nice with the rest of the white lights. Can I replace the halogen high beam bulb for an LED bulb? I don't use high beam often, only to flash someone.

·
Super Moderator
4,627 Posts
Yes you can. Diode dynamics a sponsor here sells them or use their site to figure out the bulb type. Chart in owners manual uses designations I could not find when I was looking. Depending on how old HIDs are you may want to replace as they dim over time.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
worth noting that the LED replacement high beams only will work correctly if you have the LED strip of running lights... You'll get a DRL fault code on the dash or else it will flicker if you put an LED bulb in the socket.

·
Super Moderator
4,627 Posts
I presumed since he had HIDs he had an EX with the LED strips but good point!:)(y)
worth noting that the LED replacement high beams only will work correctly if you have the LED strip of running lights... You'll get a DRL fault code on the dash or else it will flicker if you put an LED bulb in the socket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the UK version, its called GT model. it has DLR strip which is always on, HID low beam lamps and a separate halogen one for the High beams.

·
Super Moderator
4,627 Posts
Just like US Version with HIDs ours is called EX ( at least in 2013) HID low beams , Halogen High beams and LED strips for DRLs. I believe the Halogens are used for DRL only in vehicles with Halogen Low beams and no HIDs. In US Base models.

I have the UK version, its called GT model. it has DLR strip which is always on, HID low beam lamps and a separate halogen one for the High beams.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Just like US Version with HIDs ours is called EX ( at least in 2013) HID low beams , Halogen High beams and LED strips for DRLs. I believe the Halogens are used for DRL only in vehicles with Halogen Low beams and no HIDs. In US Base models.
the Halogen high beams are used at 6 VDC as the DRL on the 11-12 USDM EX with HID and 12 VDC as the high beam, as well as the USDM 13-16 base/LX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts