Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just recently buy to own a used 45K miles 2011 Honda CR-Z an sense the back is not built like a normal car! Can anyone recommend me a GT/GTR Style wing that would be compatible with my car. Im kinda a Need For Speed & The Crew kinda guy. Sense i grew up playing video games that offered car customization even Forza Horizon 4 on the Xbox One!

Id love to have a GTR Wing or GT Wing like Paul Walker had on his 1999 Green Mitsubishi as a example. Hopefully the are compatible wings for my car out there.

Example of the GTR Wing id like to be compatible.

Another Example!

Thanks guys if you can find me any GTR Racing Wings or GTR Wings that be compatible with my honda.

·
Super Moderator
6,068 Posts
My factory wing on a previous car caused me nothing but trouble and it was a factory wing provided with the car. I spent more time making modifications to stop it from leaking into the trunk and from filling up with water. It was a fiberglass wing. In the Speed Bump I ended up having to replace the struts just to get the hatch with minimal spoiler to open properly.

Think long and hard before you spend money for something aesthetic when you are still making payments on the car. IMHO If you have extra money, make extra principal payments on the car to lower your interest costs.

We had another member on here bought a body kit and wrecked the car before the body kit was even delivered but being a made to order part he still had to pay for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My factory wing on a previous car caused me nothing but trouble and it was a factory wing provided with the car. I spent more time making modifications to stop it from leaking into the trunk and from filling up with water. It was a fiberglass wing. In the Speed Bump I ended up having to replace the struts just to get the hatch with minimal spoiler to open properly.

Think long and hard before you spend money for something aesthetic when you are still making payments on the car. IMHO If you have extra money, make extra principal payments on the car to lower your interest costs.

We had another member on here bought a body kit and wrecked the car before the body kit was even delivered but being a made to order part he still had to pay for it.

Don't worry it costed me 10K an itll take me less then 2 years to pay off it didn't even have over 45K miles on it. My payments are 270 a month an with my new job hopefully im hired. Ill be making $17.50 an hour 5 days a week.

·
Super Moderator
6,068 Posts
But you are still paying interest which is lost money. No one I have given this advice ever follows it but your car your money your choices. The car is a 2011 and you are paying 10K sounds high to me others know better. Did you bargain the price or the interest rate? What interest rate are you paying? How long is the loan? How much is the interest going to cost you over the 10K?

I bought mine new with 0.9% interest and paid it off early. 5 year loan paid off in 4. These days the loans run up to 75 months that is a lot of interest. You can plan all you want but life gets in the way especially job hunting in a pandemic with 100s out of work My previous car I paid 0% interest and that loan was 3 years. Many get too emotional when buying a vehicle and get ripped off or pay too much. You are unemployed or at minimum underemployed and making very little. I presume someone else is paying your expenses other than the car.

Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But you are still paying interest which is lost money. No one I have given this advice ever follows it but your car your money your choices. The car is a 2011 and you are paying 10K sounds high to me others know better. Did you bargain the price or the interest rate what interest rate are you paying? How long is the loan how much is the interest going to cost you over the 10K?

I bought mine new with 0.9% interest and paid it off early. Many get too emotional when buying a vehicle and get ripped off or pay too much. You are unemployed or at minimum underemployed and making very little. I presume someone else is paying your expenses other than the car.

Good luck with your purchase.

I couldn't negotiate sense this was my first car purchase. So have to build my credit from No Credit to even negotiate a lower price.

·
Super Moderator
6,068 Posts
Good luck. Maybe you should not have bought a car till you had a job and the money to pay for it. They talked you into buying it based on the monthly payment not the total for the car I bet. I truly wish you had read the postings i have made about how to buy a car. That is a game they play to make you buy a car you really can't afford.

I am done trying to educate you on life lessons you will not listen to anyway. When I was young I did not own a car for many years and saved my money to buy a car or to pay the expenses for the car I was using. I used my bicycle for years and when I needed a car my family let me use one of their older ones.

I still say don't buy the wing till car is owned free and clear by you and paid off. Keep money available for maintenance and repairs.

I couldn't negotiate sense this was my first car purchase. So have to build my credit from No Credit to even negotiate a lower price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck. Maybe you should not have bought a car till you had a job and the money to pay for it. They talked you into buying it based on the monthly payment not the total for the car I bet. I truly wish you had read the postings i have made about how to buy a car. That is a game they play to make you buy a car you really can't afford.

I am done trying to educate you on life lessons you will not listen to anyway. When I was young I did not own a car for many years and saved my money to buy a car and to pay the expenses for the car I was using. I used my bycycle for years and when I needed a car my family let me use one of their older ones.

I still say don't buy the wing till car is owned free and clear by you and paid off. Keep money available for maintenance and repairs.

I have a backup savings to make the payments an also applied for other Jobs just so when i had something better i could leave the one i have an go to that one.

I already had a plan setup. Im not jobless atm. Makin $15.50 an hour. Just trying get a job that pays more. Which im about to go in today at 10:30! Gonna try to boost that to 17.50 an hour.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think there's also one (or at least was one) called a Voltex GT

Found this!

Do they have a model thats little bit higher like this

·
Super Moderator
6,068 Posts
OP doesn't care he is working and makes $15.50 an hour 5 days a week and will pay off a 10k plus interest car note in 2 years. He just wants the fast and furious look and does not care how much it costs. He may get a better job that pays $18.50 an hour and is willing to spend all of his savings and apparently other than the car has no expenses. Also claims due to no credit he was unable to bargain the price down on the car or the interest rate.

Must be nice to have rich parents.

He is just like all of us right?:eek:

I truly hopes he gets to keep the car and it is not repossessed before he wrecks it.

Dang thats almost 2 grand lol. Isn't there a relatively affordable after market one thats halfway decent

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OP doesn't care he is working and makes $15.50 an hour 5 days a week and will pay off a 10k plus interest car note in 2 years he just wants the fast and furious look and does not care how much it costs. He ma get a better job that pays $18.50 an hour and is willing to spend all of his savings and apparently other than the car has no expenses. Also claims due to no credit he was unable to bargain the price down on the car or the interest rate.

I truly hopes he gets to keep the car and it is not repossessed before he wrecks it.

Take a chill pill dude! $15.50 has been working well for me! Pulling 2K+ a week & taking home $1500 after taxes. I think im fine. Plus i got a good deal on the car based on my credit. 10K is good to Jumpstart my credit score.

Two who says imma wreak it lol! Worry about paying off your own ride! My monthly payments are $270 a month. An works well with what i make. Ill have it paid in a year if i really want too.

·
Super Moderator
6,068 Posts
Ask anyone else in this forum if they think you got a good deal most of us will say no or say nothing. You are living in a fantasy land and when you default on the loan your credit what little you will have gotten will be gone. I have seen it many times before but enjoy the car while you have it.
Your numbers make no sense unless you are working 80 hours a week or more.

Want real gross numbers ? Use this Salary Conversion Calculator or print this table out and use it https://techstaff.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Salary-Conversion-Chart.pdf

Math is not your strong suit.

Take a chill pill dude! $15.50 has been working well for me! Pulling 2K+ a week & taking home $1500 after taxes. I think im fine. Plus i got a good deal on the car based on my credit. 10K is good to Jumpstart my credit score.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ask anyone else in this forum if they think you got a good deal most of us will say no or say nothing. You are living in a fantasy land and when you default on the loan your credit what little you will have gotten will be gone. I have seen it many times before but enjoy the car while you have it.
Your numbers make no sense unless you are working 80 hours a week or more.

Yeah i do work 40 hours every week. Basically 8 Hour shifts! They garentee my hours so that hour lunch doesn't affect payday. So they have us stay an hour longer to make up lunch so we get exactly 40 hours every week on payday.

·
Super Moderator
6,068 Posts
Your gross pre-taxes is $620 week at $15.50 an hour(3,206.67 a month for a yearly of 38,480) ( at $18.50 an hour it is $740). You get an hour lunch you are not paid for it you get paid 40 hours because you work 40 hours and are not paid 5 hours a week they have you stay an hour you are not paid for. You are sounding really naive and are just making stuff up. You need to learn how real life works.

Math is definitely not your strong suit.

Yeah i do work 40 hours every week. Basically 8 Hour shifts! They garentee my hours so that hour lunch doesn't affect payday. So they have us stay an hour longer to make up lunch so we get exactly 40 hours every week on payday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your gross pre-taxes is $620 week at $15.50 an hour(3,206.67 a month for a yearly of 38,480) ( at $18.50 an hour it is $740). You get an hour lunch you are not paid for it you get paid 40 hours because you work 40 hours and are not paid 5 hours a week they have you stay an hour you are not paid for. You are sounding really naive and are just making stuff up. You need to learn how real life works.

Math is definitely not your strong suit.

Your not understanding how they do it. We stay that extra hour because of lunch deducting that hour of pay! So that extra hour garentees our 8 hours a day! So we do get paid for it.

·
Super Moderator
6,068 Posts
You work 9 hours a day(45 hours a week) and get paid for 40 because you do not get paid for lunch. I understand perfectly. I have worked jobs where I got paid for lunch 40 hours a week I worked and I got paid for all of them. The more you answer the dumber you sound. I have been in the work world for decades and have had jobs that were paid hourly and did get paid for lunch and others where like you I was not paid for lunch, and others where it was an annual salary and no matter how many hours I worked I got paid the same amount and yet others if I worked over 40 hours a week I got paid time and a half for any over 40 or got paid straight time for over 40 but got paid. There is nothing that you have said that is "special".

You can't really believe the crap you are typing do you? . I am done with you and your fantasy.

Your not understanding how they do it. We stay that extra hour because of lunch deducting that hour of pay! So that extra hour garentees our 8 hours a day! So we do get paid for it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
From one young guy to another, think well about spending money on tuning a car. It’s the worst investment you can do. Personally, I am happier with some more money on my bank account than nicer rims, etc.

To be very straight forward, I just started my first job and I earn over twice what you get. Note that I live in Europe. However, my point is: I bought a CR-Z for €8500 ($10000). Sure I could spend a lot more on a car, but I rather save it for my future. Furthermore, getting a loan/monthly payments for a car in the Netherlands is a very big no-go. Nobody that I know has a loan on a car, everyone pays the complete car in one go. Getting a loan on a car seems to be an American thing.

All in all, please spend your money how you want, but please do it wisely. You can only spend (hard earned) money once!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts