Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by GT Haus today and they checked the CRZ out for an exhaust and midpipe. They gave me a tour of the shop and showed some options for the exhaust. The owner has a CT200h and was thinking about doing an exhaust similar to what he wants to offer to our cars. His widebody e90 m3 has a butterfly switch to set up for quiet and loud. Basically flips between dual and quad tips being in use. Pretty unique setup and sounds AMAZING! Dropping off the car on Wed for them to start the fabrication process. They'll be working on a way to have the electronic butterfly valve incorporated so that we have the option of keeping the exhaust noise somewhat quiet or opening it up when we like. The kit will work with factory rear diffuser for those that are wondering. Process should take a couple weeks to get all of the product in and finished, but I'll def be keeping you guys updated as the process goes on. Needless to say, I'm very excited to get their equipment on the car! Here's some of their other work in case you haven't seen it:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very nice... I would be more curious how the performance end is going to look. I could really care less about the sound unless it sounds like a big fart can. Deep is always the way to go but I have been looking for exaust bigger than a 2.5 diameter and i know that since there is no forced induction product out there yet I wont need one. But I do love that butterfly look.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm very interested in the performance aspect as well. Hoping to get dyno done before and after and have that posted up as well. I agree that deep is the best tone, we'll see what they can come up with for it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
this is exciting. keep us updatedd!! hahaha

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all they show in those are dual exhausts. we don't have V engines so it'll be only single exhaust. would be better to compare with other single exhausts they have made.
You are correct that we are only set up w/ single. I was just showing some of their work. The majority of the vehicles Ive seen their work on, were dual setups. Here's an example of the Meisterschaft exhaust on a 545i w/ single exhaust:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looks very nice, and butterfly valves whether they are just a dump or to a resonator, are always nice. But given how much they charge for their other products I find it strange that they would try to get into the low $20k car modification market. Hopefully you at least get a nice exhaust!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks very nice, and butterfly valves whether they are just a dump or to a resonator, are always nice. But given how much they charge for their other products I find it strange that they would try to get into the low $20k car modification market. Hopefully you at least get a nice exhaust!
You are correct, most of their product for other manufacturers is on the higher end of pricing, but the majority of what they offer is for dual exhaust setup, which we don't need. Their single exhausts are right around the same pricing as the Noblesse center exit, so not too bad IMO. For the quality of the Meisterschaft exhaust systems, I will be happy to pay the price increase. I personally would rather rock something more unique that you don't see as often. That being said, I hope that it's still an affordable system. I'm sure they would love getting it in to the market. I'll speak with them a bit tomorrow about an intake, but since it's not something they typically make, who knows what the verdict will be.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Very nice... I would be more curious how the performance end is going to look. I could really care less about the sound unless it sounds like a big fart can. Deep is always the way to go but I have been looking for exaust bigger than a 2.5 diameter and i know that since there is no forced induction product out there yet I wont need one. But I do love that butterfly look.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stopping by the shop for dyno to have some performance numbers to go off of. I'll try to post that up this evening. I'm sure most of you have seen the stock power though.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just before right now. It'll take about 2 weeks to develop the exhaust. The owner left today for his plant in Korea and the exhaust was shipped out just before. Should be there in a few days. While he's there, they are going to figure out exactly how they want to build it. Once its done and on the car, ill def be getting it on the dyno and posting up numbers.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.