Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Got mine installed this weekend. Shifter is amazing and wasn’t difficult to put in at all. The throws are extremely crisp and precise. If you are having second thoughts on purchasing don’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
571 Posts
The only thing I will say is the right shifter cable or the one that runs through the center was a bit tough to get into place. You will know what I’m talking about when the install happens. Other than that the only thing I can say is the shifter is voodoo. A Honda should not shift like this

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Got mine installed this weekend. Shifter is amazing and wasn’t difficult to put in at all. The throws are extremely crisp and precise. If you are having second thoughts on purchasing don’t
I'm only having second thoughts about the money, and how hungry I want to be next month, lol.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Lol, could always buy Buddyclub. Or my solid shifter bushings

·
Premium Member
5,958 Posts
I'm only having second thoughts about the money, and how hungry I want to be next month, lol.
You can go without food for a while, but at least feed the kids before you order it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I see.. How about your RH shifter cable? It's slightly longer when fitted with the shifter isn't it? I had to pushed the cable curved leftward to fit in the shifter.
Same, been driving on it for three days and no issues

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Lol, could always buy Buddyclub. Or my solid shifter bushings
I've got a buddyclub. I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. thing was hot garbage, but I'm not sure if it's the overall design or my specific example. thing had more play in gear than stock had in neutral. I modified it a little to use the OEM base instead of the BC part, but there's still more play than I'd like.

·
Premium Member
5,958 Posts
The only thing I will say is the right shifter cable or the one that runs through the center was a bit tough to get into place. You will know what I’m talking about when the install happens. Other than that the only thing I can say is the shifter is voodoo. A Honda should not shift like this
Yes. I'm just getting the time to install mine, but I stopped just now to send them an e-mail about that part of the design. Everything else about the shifter looks like a great design, except the mounting of the RH shifter cable. Its base is 3/4 inch longer, making the cable push into a bad bend into the short distance to the firewall. Can't think of any reason to design it that way on purpose, so I was thinking I accidentally got the prototype instead of the final production model, until I saw that you had the same issue.

Waiting for their reply before completing the installation, and just working on some other little mods instead.

·
Premium Member
5,958 Posts
I've got a buddyclub. I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. thing was hot garbage, but I'm not sure if it's the overall design or my specific example. thing had more play in gear than stock had in neutral. I modified it a little to use the OEM base instead of the BC part, but there's still more play than I'd like.
Yes! Totally unimpressed with the buddyclub. I should have warned everyone here of that piece of garbage. OEM is actually better in all respects, particularly since the buddyclub looks like an exact copy of the OEM except for the slight design change to make it inferior. In fact, I wouldn't even give it away--wouldn't even rate as a good paperweight.

On the other hand, you open the box of the hybrid racing shifter, and you immediately say "ahhhh, this will make a difference." (Other than the design part about the RH cable mount that I mentioned in the previous post. I'm so OCD about that right now, that I'm considering a cut and weld modification.) :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes! Totally unimpressed with the buddyclub. I should have warned everyone here of that piece of garbage. OEM is actually better in all respects, particularly since the buddyclub looks like an exact copy of the OEM except for the slight design change to make it inferior. In fact, I wouldn't even give it away--wouldn't even rate as a good paperweight.

On the other hand, you open the box of the hybrid racing shifter, and you immediately say "ahhhh, this will make a difference." (Other than the design part about the RH cable mount that I mentioned in the previous post. I'm so OCD about that right now, that I'm considering a cut and weld modification.) :)
Strange. I've found my BuddyClub SS to be quite nice. Felt much more composed than the OEM. The throws were just noticeably shorter, but the reduction in play made a big difference for me.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

I mean... it does have a noticeably shorter throw than OEM. But the bases are identical except for the pin that secures the assembly... the BuddyClub has much more play in the assembly. Also the plastic ball instead of the Stainless Steel OEM introduces some added play.
Strange. I've found my BuddyClub SS to be quite nice. Felt much more composed than the OEM. The throws were just noticeably shorter, but the reduction in play made a big difference for me.
... I installed it, then immediately took it back out. Glad I bought it used and didn't pay full price.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
I finally received my shifter and I found a solution to the right-side shifter cable that's too long, and bends before entering the firewall. I simply pushed the slack in the cable through the firewall. The cable passes through a rubber grommet into the engine bay. My cables are pretty tight in the grommet. But it's possible, with sufficient force, to wiggle the cable through. I found it best to grab the cable close to the grommet, and slowly force the cable through the grommet with a slight wiggling motion. It did take quite a bit of force in my case, so please be careful. The upside is, there is more than enough room in the engine bay for the cable. Below are photos from inside the cabin and the engine bay after I pushed the cable through.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply to this but I just saw it. You WILL need to push the cable through the grommet a little bit. That is normal, it's the same in the Honda Fit and new FK7/FK8 Civic. Push it through the grommet and then you can connect it to the shifter. If anyone has any issues or questions, please feel free to message us directly. [email protected] .com

121 - 140 of 147 Posts