Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Hybrid Racing has agreed to develop a short shifter assembly for our cars, if there is enough support. For those who don't know, Hybrid Racing makes some of the best aftermarket parts for the Honda community and their short shifters are phenomenal. The short shifter would be similar to what they currently offer for other Hondas. Features include adjustable throw, adjustable shift knob height, an all metal construction, and upgraded springs, bearings and bushings (depending on design). The shifter assembly would be designed from the ground up, with all components improved and upgraded. This means a shifter that is more precise and durable than what is currently available for our cars.

Pricing should be similar to their other shifters +-$380, but is still to be confirmed. To justify R&D, Hybrid Racing requires at least 25 people to show interest and be willing to purchase one. For the time being, we are just gauging interest. Reply below if interested and I will add your name.

Here are some examples of their shifters, similar to what they would design for us.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. Stancelogic
2. Quaestor Black
3. litz
4. AZ-CRZ
5. Chris M
6. Ironbeard
7. Jeffrey M
8. Tiauna J
9. Brendan K
10. Charles C
11. Kevin N
12. Jack W
13. Sam S
14. Shamarskii
15. Fukuyaa
16. supercrz
17. ShojiSan92
18. Tony S
19. Danny N
20. Jesse V
21. Item9
22. Touge Z
23. ArtJDM
24. wonderballz
25. 11-Z
26. CrzAsh
27. Bradley L
28. mserpe
29. Feff
30. CRZ-Drew
31. Lytsu
32. Hocker423
33. software70
34. jthree2001
35. numberoneoppa
36. Slow_CRZ
37. SpectreZ
38. sneak36
39. andyy
40. Shan-david
41. bigMAC x2
42. 46zf1
43. realtallshorty
44. Constantine
45. ecorice
46. STTrice

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in hope you guys really want this shifter hybrid is in touch with me and I will be informing you guys as much as I can

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still have @Rustbucket 's Buddy Club short shifter to install, but interested also in this. I wonder if they can get this in RED >:)??? If so, I may be interested, but the cost will be the determining factor of my commitment. :grin2:
It should be possible to disassemble, paint/powder coat, then reassemble it if I look at the photos from the other shifters. I'm also considering a different accent color, but I don't mind the gold.

I have the BuddyClub shifter installed now for a few years. It has developed some play in neutral that is driving me nuts, and it tends to creak like cheap plastic when the car has been in the sun for a while. That's why I'm really hoping we can have the HR shifter made, so we have a high quality option.

·
stop taking me seriously
8,133 Posts
Since we're gauging interest, put me down as interested. I've got the buddy club now, do we know how different it'll be?

I have the BuddyClub shifter installed now for a few years. It has developed some play in neutral that is driving me nuts, and it tends to creak like cheap plastic when the car has been in the sun for a while. That's why I'm really hoping we can have the HR shifter made, so we have a high quality option.
I used some white lightning silicone grease in the joint and it took care of that squeak.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since we're gauging interest, put me down as interested. I've got the buddy club now, do we know how different it'll be?

I used some white lightning silicone grease in the joint and it took care of that squeak.
Thanks, I'll try some grease and see if that helps.

The HR shifter is supposed to be tighter with no play and shouldn't develop any play over time. Based on their other shifters, it should also have throw, height and angle adjustment, and be solid mounted (as opposed to rubber mounts).

We'll make sure to confirm all of this with them when discussions continue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have never been one to shy away from a good group buy. I am in.

One question, will this shifter have the same threading for the shift knob? I just bought a custom knob from Flossy recently, and I would have to have to get another.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One question, will this shifter have the same threading for the shift knob? I just bought a custom knob from Flossy recently, and I would have to have to get another.
You would be able to use any shift knob that currently fits your shifter. HR only makes shifters for Hondas, so it will have the Honda thread sizing.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts