Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled into my driveway a little faster than normal and rubbed a piece below the nose of the car.

It didn't damage the actual plastic, but whatever that tape is got ripped up. Is this some tape I can easily find in an auto parts store?

I don't see how some of you can lower this car, it's pretty low to begin with, seems like you'd run into this issue fairly often if you did so.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ya I have rubbed that plastic lip a couple times coming out of shopping centers on accident. As far as I know no one has figured out what to use as a replacement.... I wanted to do a front lip but with the occasional rubbing I am second guessing it big time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Same thing happening to me. I've been wondering about that tape.

Actually pulled a few hanging pieces of it off today.

Always going to run into those steep drives.

And there are some nasty speed bumps at work.
(Reason #1 I won't even consider lowering.)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've already had to pull some of that tape - I'm really glad to see that I'm not alone!

The apron on my driveway is terrible, I scrape on it probably 80% of the time, even coming in at an extreme angle to try to avoid it. Nothing really to be done about it, though. :(

·
Registered
675 Posts
I've already had to pull some of that tape - I'm really glad to see that I'm not alone!

The apron on my driveway is terrible, I scrape on it probably 80% of the time, even coming in at an extreme angle to try to avoid it. Nothing really to be done about it, though. :(
same here. ive been using many different way to avoid the scrape going into my garage. i use a long rubber black truck matt from autozone. and lay it on the driveway where i may possible scrape from. while i pull out or pull in my car, the matt drags out with the car as like a protection LOL.... so sad i have to do this everytime...

·
Registered
271 Posts
My car came from the dealer without the tape. Just the Black plastic guard edge, every time I scrape ti badly I check to see if it is still stuck on well. I have had to click it back into place a few times. It seems to be a snap on part, perhaps meant to be replaced? This car hangs lower from the factory than any car I have routinely driven in the past. I have had to get used to learning which driveways I need to go diagonal in. I would have a much harder time even it this car were lowered even 1 inch. K

·
Registered
609 Posts
We had to modify our driveway with something like 6 sacks of quick set cement over screening to smooth out the contour/abrupt elevation shift for our 370Z to be able to make it, so since nearly everything is Z proof at our house, the little CRZ does fine. And a year of driving the 370Z has taught us where NOT to drive and which driveways not to take on our regular route, so hopefully we'll avoid scraping the CRZ which is several inches higher.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Sunday I bought my CR-Z. Monday when I went to my insurance company to put the CR-Z on I scrapped the chin a little coming out of there steep parking lot. When I got home I saw the tape hanging down. It is definitely there for shipping purposes. I took the rest of it off including the other side. Pretty sticky stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.