Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not yet posted here, but I thought I would start a thread with some pics of this install. I bought a CR-Z about two weeks ago, and contacted Ground Control to see if they would be interested in designing a coilover system for the car. They were very interested, and I delivered it to them yesterday and got it back today. I asked for it to be lowered about an inch and a half, and I must say that handling is very improved. I'm coming from an '07 SI sedan with Tein S-Techs, and my impression of the CR-Z handling over the last two weeks is that it has a lot of body roll, as well as being very comfort oriented. But I think we all know that by now. The Ground Control system, which use Eibach springs, have limited that body roll significantly as well as producing a much stiffer and confidence inspiring ride. I can adjust the ride height much lower, but for now it's good. Feels very balanced.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yea, as stock there is too much body roll. I like the Eibach (as what you described) but 1.5 inch is too low for me. I'm looking for something about 0.5 inch or even remain stock height. Does Eibach spring allow that?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pics of the actual coilover? pics of install? you just have pics of the after and doesnt look like it was lowered at all. FYI

I didn't take the pictures, they were taken by the GC staff. They car is significantly lowered, even more so now that I have adjusted it, but it may not be apparent in the pics. The kit is now up on their site, retail for $400

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have not yet posted here, but I thought I would start a thread with some pics of this install. I bought a CR-Z about two weeks ago, and contacted Ground Control to see if they would be interested in designing a coilover system for the car. They were very interested, and I delivered it to them yesterday and got it back today. I asked for it to be lowered about an inch and a half, and I must say that handling is very improved. I'm coming from an '07 SI sedan with Tein S-Techs, and my impression of the CR-Z handling over the last two weeks is that it has a lot of body roll, as well as being very comfort oriented. But I think we all know that by now. The Ground Control system, which use Eibach springs, have limited that body roll significantly as well as producing a much stiffer and confidence inspiring ride. I can adjust the ride height much lower, but for now it's good. Feels very balanced.
I believe this is what I will be having added sometime next week.
Hoping to get the 16" wheels to look better with the drop. If not, I guess I will be looking for a set of 17's:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.