Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Grey Fox Build

4K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  MisterJordy86 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all! I kinda figured it was time to start this. I only have a few things installed, but more will be on the way.

I purchased a 2015 EX 6MT PMM in 2016 from a dealership with ~34K. No mods other than the full tint job. Pretty sure everything else was stock.

I've been browsing quite a bit these last couple months as now that my baby is 2 years old I can start looking into doing fun things again. And by baby I mean my daughter lol.

So far this is what I've done...

K&N cabin filter

K&N intake filter

Diode Dynamics XP90 Back up LEDs

Password JDM aluminum shift knob

Buddy Club short shifter

Progress tech. Rear Sway Bar

Megan Racing Front Chassis Bar

And tires....cant remember the brand, but they are all seasons and a bit wider than stock.

I have a list of things I will eventually purchase and install as I find the time and money for them.

I've noticed this car has dropped from numerous sites that used to carry supplies so I'm stuck scrolling through ebay and amazon alot. Eventually I'd love to get a turbo setup, but I think that'll have to be custom. Some of the lighting I'd like to do will need to be custom as well.

Minor exterior lighting(possibly grill or some underglow), additional back lights, and brake lights like the iJDMToy bumper reflectors. This might sound odd but I'd like to install some LEDs on the very bottom of the door to illuminate the ground even more at night. For the interior lighting I'd like to get some in the door pockets, and maybe in the hatch? Idk, haven't given that much thought yet.

The rest if my list consists of either aero mods, go-fast, or aesthetics. JDM badges, ge8 manifold, axleback/catback, intake(takeda, k&n, etc...) to name a few. I'll start out with the cheaper items first and slowly build up the more expensive mods. Depending on what comes up for sale.

Anyhoo, I'll post some pics as I go. Please feel free to ask me any questions and please make suggestions!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Check out Kamispeed. They still have some aftermarket stuff that can be installed on the CR-Z. I've done all the beatrush parts so far to stifen up the frame. Progress sway bar is a good one and was the first suspension mod I did to the Z.

Reactions: MisterJordy86
#3 ·
Yea kamispeed is one of the first places I stumbled across. I'm happy they still support us! Tons of hks and beatrush I'd love to order. I will probably end up giving them quite a few bucks in the future.

What beatrush suspension parts did you end up going with?

#4 ·
I wemt with the front peeformance bar, front member bar and rear performance bar. Also check out RHDJAPAN. You might be able to get those larts cheaper and sooner. Kamisleed had my underbody panel on backorder for 3+ months.

Reactions: MisterJordy86
#16 ·
@Spdbump lol yea but no one makes a turbo kit anymore....or it's difficult to locate one.

Honestly the crz doesn't need much of a power boost for spirited rides. But suspension and brakes can help to improve confidence and overall "lap times".
I meant the more you drive it the better able you will be to determine what should be next. I am happy with The Speed Bump as built.

#19 ·
Geez it feels like I haven't posted in forever.... kinda here and there. Anyhoo....
Added red pinstriping to front and rear bumpers. Stole the look from another z I saw on here somewhere. Also was going to change the brake pads as they had been squeeking. But upon checking them, they just needed some lube it seemed. Idk exactly, they kinda still squeek but not as much I guess. So saved the new hawk and stoptech pads for another time.
Been playing around with the idea of getting a fit engine for the manifold, high cam setup, and I think there's a few more things that are useful? ....but I can't remember right now.
Oh! Also installed the megan "strut bar". More like a chassis bar lol, but still adds some rigidity. I feel like its noticable, in addition to the upgraded RSB. Have only tested once though. It took a hell of a lot longer to install due to the the stupid angle next to the battery to get the nut tightened on. I check it every so often.
Ok last but not least.... the mods list will likely have to slow down a bit as my boss tells me the cafe will be closing before the end of the year. I've been there since 2012. Its gonna be interesting for the next few months. Ok well enjoy the couple of pics. Sorry I dont have one of the megan bar yet but soon!

#21 ·
#23 ·
Update! I ordered visors! Thanks to @Jeffd for pointing me in the right direction. Also did the whole muffler delete the other day. Sounds good except for my ears keep bleeding everytime I drive now. Damn.... I must be getting old. Gonna have to put that can back on. J2 will be the replacement eventually.

#25 ·
Well well well.....it sure has been a while. Haven't been on here in a long time. And a lot has happened. To everyone that is. I hope everyone is ok on here! I've sure been through a few ups and downs myself. But the fun never stops. And speaking of fun....

INSTALLED HEKO VISORS YESTERDAY!!!!
and....
DID THE SUB WOOFER PILLOW MOD TODAY!!!!
and....
Gave her a wash and wiped a few interior dusty spots....but mostly stoked for the other stuff lol.

Damn it feels good to get those done. Been outta work since March 15th or so. Lost both my jobs, wife lost both of hers too....guess I could fill you guys in on another page. Idk... just been stressing like a MF. Goddamn t-virus finally getting at the world. But at least my car is looking good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.