Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,093 Posts
Thanks for the tips--I don't remember the brand of sealer/protectant I have on hand, but I used to use 303 Protectant, but it must have gotten "lost" when I cleaned out the garage the last time, LOL. One thing I noticed while reading the instructions of what I was going to use recently, was that the fabric sealer said not to use on vinyl, and the vinyl instructions said not to use on fabrics, but I'm sure I used the 303 protectant on the whole seats of the cars I used to have, even though they had cloth inserts and leather trim. I'm not sure what the 303 instructions said, so it's possible that it's not recommended for both materials; just for vinyl/leather.
The Rustoleum NeverWet for fabrics I bought was less than $5 at Walmart on close out in the automobile aisle When I saw a second bottle I bought it even though I did not need it at the time. It appears to be safe for all materials.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is great article. The information you have shared is very useful. Every business and personal vehicle need to clean time to time. When repairing seats or recovered them be aware so that no damage happened to them. Chemicals can cause damage to the foam while cleaning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You want to get an APC (All Purpose Cleaner) and soak the seat pretty thoroughly and have a interior scrub brush to lightly agitate the material and then vac up the moisture. Let stand and dry for a few and if that doesnt work then we have a product called vac-a-way that does it almost everytime.
This is a safe, fast and cheap way. Simple Green, Meguiar are 2 brands that you can consider to get one.

·
Super Moderator
5,093 Posts
Do not soak the seats. Use as little wetness as possible! Dry as thoroughly as possible. If you get foam too wet it will deteriorate and cause sensors to have errors.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts