Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Civic Type R wheels and a drop... that looks great... thanks for sharing... one request... it looks like that was a car meet or something... can you get a side shot of the CR-Z next to the GT-R?? like side by side lined up evenly?? it will give me an idea of how big the CR-Z since i have access to a GT-R whenever i go to the garage :p

everyone but the Mitsubishi has LEDs lol...

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
I had an impression that CR-Z looks bigger, it has a bold nose but less higer. But it is smaller..

It looks just like an 3 doors insight when you see it in real life.. its only less higher, more sportive...

Its hard to explain.. the CR-Z looks "big" just because he is wide and lower.

edit:
Thats next to an insight and you don't see/have the feeling its smaller:
http://carview-img02.bmcdn.jp/minkara/photo/000/001/989/200/1989200/p5.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since the CR-Z is based on a shortened Insight, it's not surprise that dimensions aren't that different. The engine bay of the CR-Z is actually the same size as the Insight.

But I'm surprised that it looks almost the same size as the gargantuan GT-R...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry i'm not very much into your type-r look-alike mods, namely the red symbols. This car is not a type-r at all. This CRZ is unique and, in my opinion and taste, it should be treated as so and not a "type-r wannabe". It kind of reminds me those guys that put stickers in the gas door to imitate a real metalic/carbon door.

Like the old CRX, what a great looking car if its visuals are kept faithful to honda's original design. But the more people do by adding this and that, the more they ruin it :\

I'll let honda create a CRZ type-R with red symbols in the future to see how it looks in that car.

But of course this is just my opinion and the important thing is that you like your car, not me or anyone else =)

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Sorry i'm not very much into your type-r look-alike mods, namely the red symbols. This car is not a type-r at all. This CRZ is unique and, in my opinion and taste, it should be treated as so and not a "type-r wannabe". It kind of reminds me those guys that put stickers in the gas door to imitate a real metalic/carbon door.

Like the old CRX, what a great looking car if its visuals are kept faithful to honda's original design. But the more people do by adding this and that, the more they ruin it :\

I'll let honda create a CRZ type-R with red symbols in the future to see how it looks in that car.

But of course this is just my opinion and the important thing is that you like your car, not me or anyone else =)
i would agree 100% with your post IF he was adding "Type-R" emblems etc... but simply adding a JDM red "H" is very tastefully done... and the comparison with the gas tank cover was not even close to what he did here...

it's the small subtle changes that brings out a cars looks and makes it's owner love it more than a stock one... now if he starts adding non-OEM parts, then it would start to head in the "rice" direction and i can't defend that lol...

it's cool that you have an opposing opinion, but to me your opinion just doesn't make any sense...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hmm, i usually see the red emblem only in type-r versions, as well as the white rims with the red honda emblem.. Take a look at the Civic FD2 type-r for instance. I think that this crz is becoming towards it dont you agree?

But sorry if i'm mistaken =)

Anyway, i always keep my opinion that hondas (and others) look best as stock, with the exception of some rim models with not exaggerated inches.

Best,
CRZ

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
i agree it's heading towards a "Type-R" look... but since when was Type-R a bad thing??

so what you're saying here is, my car looked worse b/c it didn't come with these stock "red-colored" emblem or push-start?? and b/c i painted my stock wheels and added a red "H" my wheels look bad??

to me it's the little things that makes a car look better than stock but still keeping it OEM-like... if you really ask me, stock cars remind me of rental cars... just too bland...

*EDIT*
i guess where you're from, Honda actually offers/sells Type-R vehicles and to you it might not seem ok/alright to do the "Type-R" look... but where i live, the last Type-R honda offered was the Acura Integra Type-R back around 99-02... actually that was basically the only Type-R they offered here... so for us in the USA to do the Type-R theme, isn't so bad...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Type-r is more than a good thing, that is why i say that non-type-r's should look as so.

I see and fully understand your point but i would keep the emblems and those rims stock for sure =)

I once had a fiat punto to which i removed the emblems and painted all black plastics grey to match the car color but i did not put the GT symbol on it. Do you see what i mean? The same applies to those who put the M3 symbol on non-m3 bmw's.

But of course this is just my opinion and it's nice that not all the people think the same way.

And congrats on your machine.

# EDIT #
Ok, i understand your edit, it makes sense.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.