Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving through Dallas, on my way to dinner. Then at a stoplight, out of nowhere, I get rear ended by a guy going ~20-30 mph. My rear bumper, rear diffuser, are pretty messed up. And on my way home I heard a hissing sound, and found out that my trunk doesn't line up correctly, so there must be some part back there that got bumped out of place as well.

It was quite an interesting time, the person that rear ended me was driving his friends car, had no license on him, and couldn't find his, or his friends insurance information...

Once hearing that I called the police and they were able to find all of his information, but as for right now my poor baby is ruined! (at least her back side :cry:)

I'll post pictures tomorrow when I can get some in the daylight...

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
uhm its probably cheaper than stock and i know most shops dont care if you pay the difference which shuoldnt even be much if any :)
rear diffuser + axle back is around $2100... even if the diffuser is less than half of that, it's still about $700 MORE than the stock diffuser...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The diffuser is just hanging off the back right now, I'm thinking of just ripping it off and telling them I had the Noblesse one, not sure if they will ask for proof or not though :iough:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The diffuser is just hanging off the back right now, I'm thinking of just ripping it off and telling them I had the Noblesse one, not sure if they will ask for proof or not though :iough:
Since you've talked about your "plan" on here and will be posting up photos, I'd suggest you don't do it.
If you really want to do it, you should have just kept it to yourself since the beginning.
Perhaps, you can contact forum admin to delete your post.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Wouldn't risk telling them you already had it if someone should find out different. Honda parts usually aren't cheaper then aftermarket, so you should just get the Noblesse diffuser and have it installed in place of the original one. You can always get the exhaust later or install it yourself.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You know, I was going to give adice, but this right here makes me not like you. Go ahead and try to scam your insurance, Brah.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
you'd have to get a good picture of a black one with it... oh wait, noblesse has good pictures of it :thumbup:
Since you've talked about your "plan" on here and will be posting up photos, I'd suggest you don't do it.
If you really want to do it, you should have just kept it to yourself since the beginning.
Perhaps, you can contact forum admin to delete your post.
slip me a few $$$ and i'll do it :wiggle:
You know, I was going to give adice, but this right here makes me not like you. Go ahead and try to scam your insurance, Brah.

:eek:hsnap:

nvm my previous comments :hiding:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Okay just wanted to straighten some things out. That was merely an idea, that was not acted on, it was actually brought up by one of my buddies. I did end up breaking the diffisuser off, but just because it began dragging on the ground.

Another note, I attempted to get a few estimates today, and no one could give me a quote because they didn't have the car in their database...so they all referee me back to the dealer.

But one thing I am going to do is file another claim against his insurance company for diminished value, considering it was a brand new car. meaning they estimate the value of the car before and after the accident, and if all goes well, I will get the difference in cash (meaning I could get the Noblesse diffuser after all ;) )

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Okay just wanted to straighten some things out. That was merely an idea, that was not acted on, it was actually brought up by one of my buddies. I did end up breaking the diffisuser off, but just because it began dragging on the ground.

Another note, I attempted to get a few estimates today, and no one could give me a quote because they didn't have the car in their database...so they all referee me back to the dealer.

But one thing I am going to do is file another claim against his insurance company for diminished value, considering it was a brand new car. meaning they estimate the value of the car before and after the accident, and if all goes well, I will get the difference in cash (meaning I could get the Noblesse diffuser after all ;) )
I still don't find insurance scamming jokes to be funny. The way you said it sure didn't sound like a joke. If it's a joke, use an emoticon, or state it's a joke, when 'joking' w/ serious issues.

I'm not sure how much damage is done, but a rear Noblesse diffy is ~1700 alone. You'll be out of pocket a lot for that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry, thought it may be obvious considering its called insurance fraud and its a federal offense. No way I would do something like that over a ~$1500 aero piece. Anyone that would deserves the jail time.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Thread Closed - insurance scamming is a serious offense and I think this thread was taken wrong. Seems as if the OP was just joking, so no need to take it serious.

We all know how serious an offense it is, no need to further discuss it :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.