Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now #1 on the waiting list for a CRZ at my local dealer.

What is interesting is I spoke to my salesperson today and she said their sales manager was contacted by Honda asking for him to choose options and color for their first CRZ. Apprently the first one is not for me -- I will get the 2nd one. The first one is the one they keep at the dealership for test drives and for customers to look at.

What was disturbing though is that she said the only colors he was allowed to chose from were red, silver and black. I hope there are more color choices than that as I would prefer blue or orange. She said it will still be a few months before they will be taking my exact order.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Dealerships can sell cars as they see fit... they have a "list" but this "list" is just so they have an idea of who is interested in buying the car and with what options... a minimum (refundable) down payment of $500 is required at most dealerships to get on the "list"... this again insures that your particular dealership will not just order random stuff and will order the car to suit your needs...

each month the dealership has to place orders for xx amount of vehicles and if you tell them you're interested, they won't just order at random, because they certainly will order random colors/trims...

with limited production cars or low volume cars this usually helps to get the exact one you want versus going to the dealership and hoping to find one that meets your requirements...

i say this "list" in quotes b/c this DOES NOT GUARANTEE that you get first choice at the first shipments... even the $500 doesn't mean anything... they will gladly refund you your money if they think they can sell "your" car for more profit...

my recommendation would be to visit your local dealership and speak to the sales manager ONLY and build a relationship with them so when the time comes you are not treated like the red-headed step child...

I hope that helps everyone while looking to purchase the CR-Z when they hit the showroom floors :grin:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since we are 6+ months away from delivery, the deal I made with my dealer was $250 deposit now, and another $250 when they place the order for my car, which the sales manager said will probably be in May or June. And of course, the entire deposit is refundable if for some reason I do not like the car.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Since we are 6+ months away from delivery, the deal I made with my dealer was $250 deposit now, and another $250 when they place the order for my car, which the sales manager said will probably be in May or June. And of course, the entire deposit is refundable if for some reason I do not like the car.
Which trim and option are you getting?

I'm sure 6speed ex trim will be delayed, then the Navi option will delay it even further.

Personally, I would wait when it hits the showrooms.
Dealer says they can order, but it's more like they get what Honda gives them.

What dealer are u getting it from? Most likely high volume dealers will get the good models first.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My order was placed in January, 2008, right after photos of the concept appeared in U.S. car magazines covering the 2007 Tokyo Auto Show. Although disappointed that the production version was softened so much from the concept, I'm still working with the dealer on color preferences and options. Being in California, he's able to get a tad of inside info from the boys in Torrance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.