Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my car on Saturday. Had a full weekend plate so never got around pics. I'll take some once I do some exterior work on weds.

So far loving everything. SOOOO much more power that my Civic. This is expecially true around town. (car is Premium White EX w/CVT)

The only annoyance is the seatbelt. Being 5'6 have my seat pulled forward. I have to twist around and wedge my hand between the seat and car frame to grab the belt everytime I get in. And when releasing it flings back and smacks the plastic pillar with a good deal of force. I'm considering padding for the pillar.

Any other short folks have issues with the belt?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Picked up my car on Saturday. Had a full weekend plate so never got around pics. I'll take some once I do some exterior work on weds.

So far loving everything. SOOOO much more power that my Civic. This is expecially true around town. (car is Premium White EX w/CVT)

The only annoyance is the seatbelt. Being 5'6 have my seat pulled forward. I have to twist around and wedge my hand between the seat and car frame to grab the belt everytime I get in. And when releasing it flings back and smacks the plastic pillar with a good deal of force. I'm considering padding for the pillar.

Any other short folks have issues with the belt?
First Congratulations!!!

You can put a pad on the seat belt webbing that would keep the belt from fully retracting and might make it easier to reach when getting in.

Be sure to give us a full write up on your driving impressions and see if you can have one of the moderators change your vote in the http://www.crzforum.com/forum/general-discussion/1479-stand-up-counted-crz-color-transmission.html poll

·
Registered
618 Posts
What happens if you slide the plastic retention clip around on the belt? Can you change how it retracts?

(I don't have my CRZ yet, but figure most seat belts have this to help with the buckle sliding about.)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm about 5'8" as well and I don't notice anything to complain about with the seatbelt. I have to scoot up close to be able to get my short legs to fully press the clutch.

However, I did come from an Accord Coupe which has an even larger space between the seat and the seatbelt so I probably have some habit with the seatbelt I don't even know about.

Maybe Honda should revive an old feature my brother's 1990 Acura Legend 2dr had...they called them seat belt presenters...they would lower when the door was open for easy in and out from the front and back seats. Then when you shut the door some sort of motor/actuator would raise it up to the sides of the seats. Interesting feature in such an old car.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
the thing that annoys me is when i take thebelt off and it slams against the door marking it up. I want to stop that some how, i also see that honda has a rubber patch on the side of the seat for this very issue, but why didnt they address the door.

·
Registered
176 Posts
In my most recent (Acura TSX) I could reach around with my right hand and easily grab the top part of the belt and pull it forward until being able to grasp the connecter. The CR-Z's bigger doors make this not practical so now I use my left hand and reach back to grasp the lower part of the belt and bring it forward enough to grasp with the right hand.

This works very well, once used to doing it this way. I've found no big problem with the release tension or shoulder pressure, etc.

I can't believe I'm going on this way about how to grab a seatbelt! Is this another sign that the apocolypse is almost upon us. Where's my calender? Damn - if the world ends in less than a year I should have financed this thing instead of paying cash!

Ahh, the power of the internet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think when I unclip mine I roll it through my right hand to slow it down. A habit from my cruiser where I make sure that my seat belt surmounts all the dangly protruding bits of my gunbelt. A learned habit, but now I have no seat belt snap issues that I've noticed.

Getting it is a bit of a stretch, but her, flexibility is good for us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The solution to this pesky seatbelt problem is simple and doesn't cost anything:

Honda CR-Z Seatbelt Fix - a set on Flickr

Say "thank you" by buying me a beer if you're ever in NC. ;)
I did the same thing...however I quickly noticed that the seatbelt seems to be installed wrong..
as you can see in your pic..the belt has an extra twist and should be straight from top to bottom...
going to have this fixed tomorrow..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey, has anyone else noticed how the driver's seatbelt is bolted to the bottom door frame, yet the passenger's seatbelt is bolted to the bottom portion of the seat? Wouldn't it be better if the driver's was also bolted to the seat? It would kind of more follow the driver no matter the seating position? Trying to think of a good reason for this difference... :confused:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.