Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
561 - 578 of 578 Posts

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
I've come this far with the CRZ after only 1 year of ownership and it has been nothing but a pleasure to daily it. Looking forward to many more years of joy and pleasure out of it.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #562 ·
I'm right in the middle of moving right now but.... My new house is right around the corner from a shop that has done some pretty solid builds on some old and new Hondas. The plan is to check them out and see if they can do my axles, LSD and a SS clutch line. It will be nice to get those items done before the Dragon trip this year.

·
Registered
Liverpool red CR-Z ex
111 Posts
Just another quick update on the car. Forgot to upload profile pics of the car. Here are some pics of the car with the Mugen style wing and the pioneer radio. Too bad Honda didn't put Android Auto and carplay in the 2016 CRZ or I would have traded in for that. I still need to put Clazzios on the seats. Someone had some nice ones with black leather and blue stitching and the CRZ emblem on the headrest.
The rear diffuser and twin pipes are sublime!

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #564 ·
The rear diffuser and twin pipes are sublime!
The old 11 was quite a beauty but has been gone for over 1 year. I switched it out for a 16 manual and have since added some of the goodies that were once on the 11. Probably the best of the parts has to be the HPD exhaust as well as the Seibon CF hood. I've got lots of exciting stuff happening to the 16 in the next year or so.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
Finally got my replacement Seicane radio in yesterday. Thankfully all the connections are exactly the same as the broken radio so it was easy enough to swap it back in. The audio quality with the new radio is right on par with the stock radio if not slightly better. I was noticing some audio crackling if I turned the volume up past a certain point on the broken Seicane unit so might be some audio component that finally exited the chat. The new one does not do that and sounds much better. This one is an octa core with 4Gb ram and 64Gb storage. it also has offline navigation to boot in case I am traveling through an area with limited cell coverage.

Reactions: Fediej

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 ·
Just finished installing the last of my performance bars on my car today. Got scheduled at a local speed shop to get my LSD axles and clutch line installed. Also doing a clutch since the shop quoted me an extra $200 vs whatever it would have cost on its own. Makes more sense to install a clutch while the trans is out of the car. Should be ready before the Dragon meet.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #567 ·
Got a SPEC stage 2 clutch on the way. Shop quoted me a reasonable price to get the clutch done while they do the other stuff so I decided to get my clutch done at the same time.

Reactions: 96firephoenix

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Electric blue

Clutch finally arrived yesterday. Got an appointment scheduled in 2 weeks to have the clutch, LSD, Axles and Clutch line installed on the car. That should finishup the last of the suspension work on the car before the annual Dragon meet this year. This car is gonna have the best setup its ever had since I bought it over a year ago. Cant wait to see how it does with the LSD on the Dragon.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
Got some fresh bearings in the mail for when I get the LSD installed. 2 diff bearings for the LSD and 1 input shaft bearing. I figured since the input shaft bearing is a common failure on these transmissions I might as well have the shop inspect and replace the bearing to keep the 6spd running fresh.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #570 ·
Tomorrow is the big day I get to drop off the 16 to get the LSD, clutch, axles and SS clutch line installed. So excited to finally get this done with before the Dragon meet. Hopefully I can hit close to 1k miles on the new clutch so I can "send it" at the Dragon instead of driving like granny. The stage 2 SPEC is supposed to handle around 238 HP or so but the carbon kevlar should handle the abuse I gave the stock clutch pretty well.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #571 ·
She's at the shop ready for the work to start. Should be done later this week. Excited to see the results.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #572 ·
Shop was anticipating on having the car finished today but... My used LSD did not come with shims. just a small ooof on my part. They will order some shims and get the LSD installed. They also identified a coolant leak that I thought I had fixed previously. Might just be my coolant overflow bottle. Hopefully just a few more days and ill have my car back.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 ·
Turns out that LSD from eBay was not a match for the CRZ. Shop got it installed and it would bind up. Maybe it needs a rebuild or it's not the correct part. Instead of having the shop reinstall the factory open diff and spending all that money for nothing I opted to have the shop order me an Mfactory helical LSD. It's gonna be way more robust then a stock K series LSD and will be much more agressive as well. At least this one will have guaranteed fitment.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #574 ·
Car is all wrapped up and good to go. Clutch feels soooo smooth compared to the stock clutch. My stock clutch was totally roasted. Shop had the flywheel machined when they did the clutch. I'm heading out to Tazewell, VA tomorrow to break in the clutch on back of the Dragon. Gonna take it nice and slow for the whole trip. Should be able to get most of the break in miles on the trip so I don't have to drive like granny on the Dragon meet trip. This my spiciest setup so far and should be good for some nice runs on the Dragon. I also got some cotter pins and BP-20 pads for my wilwood brakes in the mail. Gonna switch out my pads for the Dragon so I don't run into brake fade issues.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
Last minute mod to the CRZ... Pilot Supersports are back in stock so.... Im switching back to those tires. Should get them just in time to get a mount, balance and an alignment before the trip. I can already see the tread on the sidewall of my Indy 500's is very low. Might as well change the tires out now.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #576 ·
Got some Pilot Supersports coming in today. They have been out of stock for a while so its nice to finally be able to get them again. Going to get them installed on Monday or Tuesday with an alignment.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #577 ·
Already got one Dragon meet of use out of the new Mfactory LSD. All I can say is.... That LSD is the most magical upgrade I ever did to the car. Normally I'd have to be super carefull to not go WOT in the turns or I'd feel like I was going straight off the mountain. With the LSD I could go WOT in the turns and the car would just glide around the corner... Even the super tight turns. I think I'm pretty much closing out the build on the 16. Not much left to do at this point. Just have the fit cam, smaller SC pulley to do. I'd also like to redo my water meth kit completely with a stage 2 progressive and mount a 4 gal sealed meth tank in the spare tire area of the trunk.

·
Lil Glizzy
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #578 ·
I might even play around with different brake rotor types for my Wilwood front brakes but honestly.... The blanks with BP-20 pads were fantastic on the Dragon last weekend. The only time I smelled anything was if I pushed the car super hard and could smell only a hint of the rear brakes. I think the Wilwood kit is a great budget kit that is a step above the RSX Type-S OEM brake setup.

561 - 578 of 578 Posts