Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
541 - 545 of 545 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 ·
Well... I'm taking a break on doing any mods to Godspeed. I have a couple things planned but those are being put on the back burner while I finish working on my Mustang. My engine is finally done and shipping out to the shop this week. What you see here is a fully built 2.3L 4 cyl that will be paired up with a dual ceramic ball bearing turbo to make around 500 HP on E85. The end goal is a 500 HP capable 4 cyl Mustang that will also serve dual purpose as a 30 MPG highway cruiser.

Reactions: litz and Fediej

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #543 ·
What year mustang is it going into?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It's a 2017 Mustang. I blew up the stock 2.3 motor so I'm putting in the built one so it never happens again.

Reactions: rupps5

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Well... I'm taking a break on doing any mods to Godspeed. I have a couple things planned but those are being put on the back burner while I finish working on my Mustang. My engine is finally done and shipping out to the shop this week. What you see here is a fully built 2.3L 4 cyl that will be paired up with a dual ceramic ball bearing turbo to make around 500 HP on E85. The end goal is a 500 HP capable 4 cyl Mustang that will also serve dual purpose as a 30 MPG highway cruiser.
I like your optimism. It started as a 300hp, 30mpg pump gas cruiser. What all has been done to it that will allow it to make 200 hp more and still get the 30 mpg running on fuel that is notoriously known for worse mileage?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #545 ·
I like your optimism. It started as a 300hp, 30mpg pump gas cruiser. What all has been done to it that will allow it to make 200 hp more and still get the 30 mpg running on fuel that is notoriously known for worse mileage?
It's getting an upgraded dual ceramic ball bearing turbo and the entire fuel system has been upgraded. I'll be hitting somewhere around 30+psi boost with my 19psi wastegate. I already have a full exhaust/downpipe and intake on the setup. As long as I stay out of boost the 2.3 engine is pretty decent at maintaining 30+MPG. Those that go duel fuel end up with lower MPG so I opted to stick with just upgrading the DI fuel system. I'm pretty sure my city milage will suffer a bit with this build but highway MPG should stay pretty consistent. I'll probably make low 400's on 93 pump which is where I'll get my 30MPG. E85 will get me in the low 500's but I'll see lower MPG.

Reactions: Fediej
541 - 545 of 545 Posts