Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
521 - 536 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #521 ·
Got my Firehawk Indy 500's mounted to my 17" wheels the other day. Should be an easy swap out before I head out to the Dragon next Saturday.

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
Not really related to anything CRZ but... Finally got some news about my built 2.3 engine in my Mustang. Going with a different brand of rods that are in stock now and it should be ready for me to pick up next month. One more project that I can finish and get the car running again.

• Angry
Reactions: Spdbump and T.K

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #523 ·
Well.. My Steering angle sensor decided to go sideways on me after a failed steering wheel swapout. I got a scantool that can do a steering angle recalibraation but since the sensor is dead I wasnt able to do a calibration. Local dealer had one sensor left in stock today and I leave tomorrow to head out to the dragon. Sensor shouldnt be too difficult to replace then I can do a steering angle calibration.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #524 ·
After replacing my faulty steering angle sensor and recalibrating with my tool my car is back to no warnings for VSA, hill assist and TPMS. Also not seeing the odd VSA behavior I was seeing with the bad sensor.

·
Registered
2011 6MT S/C
51 Posts
That's wild that you had VSA, hill assist and TPMS errors because of a steering wheel sensor. I swear Honda was like "if the car has ANY code give it VSA and hill assist for good measure". Unfortunately my VSA code is related to a faulty ABS module code, so I'm not getting out with a $60 part if I ever get around to fixing it. And I hate the hill start so much that I never want it to work.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #526 ·

Spoon swaybar and rigid collars is getting installed today or tomorrow. Will need an alignment but car will handle so much better after the install.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #527 ·
Got my Spoon swaybar and rigid collars installed. Also went to the DIY garage and did a full service on the car. Oil change, Koyo radiator and aluminum underbelly pan install. This weekend I'm Swapping out my stick dogbone mount for a Hasport dogbone mount and installing my rear rigid collars.

Reactions: Eddie70

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·
Thought I'd post a link to what my car sounds like on a cold start. That sweet sweet whistle from the SC on a cold start. New video by joshua Iiams

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 ·
Heads up... Gonna have a Magnaflow catback exhaust up for sale soon. I'm getting my old HPD back and will be fitting it to my car soon. Hopefully ill have it on before the official Dragon meet in October. I think the pipe diameter on the HPD is also larger the the Magnaflow so that will help add power to my setup.

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #530 ·
Got my Kansai Service Radiator shroud installed on the car. This was from my old 2011 CRZ. Also got my old Kansai Service Strut bar back and a Cusco rear strut bar that I can install for better handeling. My local buddy is getting the Sprintex from my old Z to put on his 6spd untill his 500 HP CRX is done.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #531 ·
In about a week or 2 I'll be getting my old BC coilovers installed on the 16. I also got my Maxbore TB back. This time I'll see if those Beatrush pillowball mounts can be installed with the BC coilovers. Will be done before the Dragon meet hopefully.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #532 ·
Dropped my car off at the shop today. She's getting the old BC coils and hopefully my beatrush pillowball mounts too. Those pillowballs will make the most difference in handeling on the car. This will get the car pretty much in line with what it was on the old 11.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #533 ·
Loving the fitment. Steering is super responsive with the BC's but she needs an alignment. Shop didn't have time to install pillowballs so I'll do those later.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #534 ·
Here's the new fitment on some BC coilovers. Honestly the best setup so far on this car. She handles like a go kart. Combine everything with the 6spd trans and this has been the most fun car I've owned to date. Hopefully when I get back from the Dragon trip I'll have time to get those pillowballs fitted finally. I managed to track down an installation guide from the manufacturer since I lost my original instructions.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #535 ·
Ordered some gauges for my gauge pod finally. Going with water temp, intake temp and boost pressure.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #536 ·
Morimoto fog lights went on the car today. It was an easy 30 min install.

521 - 536 of 536 Posts