Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

481 - 500 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·
Did my oil and CVT fluid change yesterday. To my surprise the valve train noise I've been hearing for some time seems to have disappeared after the fluid change. Next weekend I'm doing my koyo rad and external CVT cooler. Hopefully will be installing my Lecce steering wheel as well.

Reactions: Fediej and Spdbump

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 ·
Spark plugs were burned to a crisp and way too loose so... Changed them out with some fresh ones. Car idles all much smoother and no more ticking. I was getting super random knock at low rpm and kept wondering why... These burnt plugs were probably the cause. New ones were torqued to spec and not left loose like the old ones.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #483 ·
10 years old and engine still runs like a cherry. Checked my fuel trims out of curiosity today and this is what I get. Short term trims it's adding less then 1% long term trims it's subtracting 1.5% which is near perfect.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
Finally a little over 4 years later and I'm closing a chapter with the black CVT. 3rd time I've lost a CVT so she went to someone that might be K swapping her in the future and now I have a 16 6spd. The good thing is the 6spd still has a Sprintex on it and also has a water meth kit fully functional. I should be tossing on my smaller pulley this summer and pretty much starting from scratch suspension wise.i will miss the black CRZ but she is in good hands.

Reactions: Spdbump and Fediej

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·

·
Premium Member
6,149 Posts
Welcome to 6-Speed life; sorry the beginning of zoom ended with a boom. :(
Is/was that Mohamad's old CR-Z you bought? Hope to see you at the Dragon this year if we can make it happen. :)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
Is/was that Mohamad's old CR-Z you bought? Hope to see you at the Dragon this year if we can make it happen. :)
I sure will make it there. Won't have quite the exotic suspension setup I had on the 11 CVT but I still want to have fun.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #489 ·
Yes I bought his 6spd. He is planing on getting mine running again with a CVT and see how long it will run. Possibly looking at kswapping it down the road.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
So far I'm noticing the shifter is very forgiving.
It's no lie when people rave about Honda manual transmissions.

Yes I bought his 6spd. He is planing on getting mine running again with a CVT and see how long it will run. Possibly looking at kswapping it down the road.
I stand by my FB prediction... ;-)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 ·
It may not be Zoom but... I spent pretty much all day yesterday upgrading my brakes to Willwoods. I went with solid rotors a d BP-10 pads for now. Should provide decent stopping power in daily use. Will put on slotted rotors with BP-20 pads for when I hit up the dragon. I also have 2 suspension pieces to go on the car.

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·
Looks like I'll be getting my Seibon hood and Lecee steering wheel back. The guy that bought my car isn't a fan of CF hoods and wants to put most of his stuff back to stock anyways. It's not free but... Some of it is what I like to consider unobtanium.

Reactions: Fediej and Spdbump

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #494 ·
That CF hood will pop on the white CRZ... And provide some cooling to the engine under boost. I would like to at some point add a Koyo radiator to the car.

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nice!!!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #496 ·
Nice!!!

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Thanks! That Lecee steering wheel is probably the only thing I'd be willing to sell a kidney for. Everything else can be more easily obtained for my car. So far the car has been great to me except for the bad gas I filled up with this weekend. $23 down the toilet.

Reactions: CuteZ

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Looks like I'll be getting my Seibon hood and Lecee steering wheel back. The guy that bought my car isn't a fan of CF hoods and wants to put most of his stuff back to stock anyways. It's not free but... Some of it is what I like to consider unobtanium.
Ahem, and so it begins. ;-)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·
Ahem, and so it begins. ;-)
Pretty much. The good thing I got out of the deal is it already has a SC and water meth installed. It runs really good. I was able to average 39 MPG on the first tank.

Reactions: mimier and Fediej

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #499 ·
Getting more of my old goodies back. This time it's that sexy af Seibon CF vented hood. It was an easy 5 minute install. And it pops against the white paint. This car is really shaping up to look the part. My plan is to clean it up and ceramic coat it. Maybe some day it will become more of a show car who knows...

Reactions: Fediej
481 - 500 of 511 Posts