Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

461 - 480 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
Time to take it to a trained professional. So much can be electronically related. Wondering if you jostled something loose during your motor mount swap.
It's possible. Car ran great even after the motor mount swap. I did get some vibration from the stiffer mounts but that was about it...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Time to take it to a trained professional. So much can be electronically related. Wondering if you jostled something loose during your motor mount swap.
It's possible. Car ran great even after the motor mount swap. I did get some vibration from the stiffer mounts but that was about it...
Wonder if the vibration may have loosened something.

·
Super Moderator
7,162 Posts
Is it now mysteriously drive-able? With the crank position sensor ( not saying that is your issue) after I sat on the side of the road the car was able to be driven onto the Flatbed. Since I already had called the tow truck and did not want to dive across many lanes of traffic again with no ability to drive I had it taken to the dealer and repaired. Yours needs a visit to a shop obviously something went wrong and it needs looked at.

I checked for codes with my scan tool. No codes and "check transmission" message is gone.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #465 ·
Is it now mysteriously drive-able? With the crank position sensor ( not saying that is your issue) after I sat on the side of the road the car was able to be driven onto the Flatbed. Since I already had called the tow truck and did not want to dive across many lanes of traffic again with no ability to drive I had it taken to the dealer and repaired. Yours needs a visit to a shop obviously something went wrong and it needs looked at.
I agree. I've already contacted my speed shop for options. It's still not drivable despite the message dissapeering. It's likely that the CVT band snapped because the car acts like it's in park or neutral when in d or r... Who knows why it snapped. Could have overheated or something else was the cause.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm hoping for a simple solution for you....plan for the worst and hope for the best :)

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
I'm hoping for a simple solution for you....plan for the worst and hope for the best :)

Absolutely. I'm keeping a positive outlook. At least the Mustang isn't in the shop for repairs. It will be FAST when I pick it up this week...

·
Super Moderator
7,162 Posts

I agree. I've already contacted my speed shop for options. It's still not drivable despite the message dissapeering. It's likely that the CVT band snapped because the car acts like it's in park or neutral when in d or r... Who knows why it snapped. Could have overheated or something else was the cause.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #469 ·
Reactions: CuteZ and Spdbump

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #470 ·
Well... A light at the end of the tunnel for ZOOM. The shop that has done so much work on the Z found me a CVT with 20k miles for about $860 and it comes with a 1 year warranty as a bonus... They can get the car back on the road within the next couple of weeks. The Mustang should also be done either today or tomorrow as well... Things are looking good for the Z...

Reactions: Fediej and Spdbump

·
Registered
462 Posts
That's great news!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #472 ·
That's great news!

I am going to have the shop dissect the old CVT to find out the cause of the failure. Maybe I will have some pictures of the carnage.

Reactions: CuteZ and Spdbump

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
And here I thought I was done modding ZOOM. She's getting a Koyorad radiator and an aftermarket CVT cooler since the Koyorad doesnt have provisions for the OEM CVT cooler.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #474 ·
Adding a remote start kit from 12V solutions. Kit comes with long range remotes.

Reactions: litz

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #475 ·
Remote start kit is installed aside from the long range kit. I've programmed everything and it works very well. Just click the lock button 3 times on the factory key fob and the car starts up. Install is super easy and I would definitely recommend to anyone with a CVT. I still need install the long range antenna to make use of the long range remotes.

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #476 ·
Ive got some new brake pads and brake rotors ready to install on the car. Ive been running Powerstop Evolutions brake pads and rotors with RSX Type S front calipers for some time. These brake pads and rotors are the next step up Powerstop Extreme pads and rotors. The front rotors look to have bigger vents on them for better brake cooling. Should help with brake fade on twisty roads like the Dragon. It might not be a bad idea to grease up the rear calipers just to make sure that they do not seize up on me like the originals did.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #477 ·
The type s brakes fell really good but I'm taking my brakes a couple steps up... Scooped up some RL calipers for $180 on ebay. They are in good shape except for a small dent on the front. Gonna get them powder coated red and run them with NISMO size rotors and EBC or hawk pads.

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #478 ·
Well... Somehow I managed to score a Lecce steering through some unfortunate circumstances. A local CRZ owner had a collision that ended in a totaled CRZ yesterday. He immediately started parting out everything including his Lecce steering wheel. I am wishing him luck in finding his next car. It really is sad to loose another CRZ in the crew.

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Super Moderator
7,162 Posts
I tried to get one for years . Sorry about the circumstances but glad you got one which one is it ? I wanted grey leather red stitching d shaped

Well... Somehow I managed to score a Lecce steering through some unfortunate circumstances. A local CRZ owner had a collision that ended in a totaled CRZ yesterday. He immediately started parting out everything including his Lecce steering wheel. I am wishing him luck in finding his next car. It really is sad to loose another CRZ in the crew.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #480 ·
I think it's black with CF top and red 12o clock stripe d shape.

461 - 480 of 511 Posts