Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Local Honda dealer wants About $240 for an oil + CVT change. They also want a shockingly expensive $140 to change out the engine and cabin filter. Ill just do it my self and save some money.
For some reason the dealerships act like that cabin filter is something really special. Reminds me, I need to order a new one.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Get a K&N cabin filter. Its washable like the engine filter and should last about 50k miles.
I'm with you on the logic behind this but I would have to buy 2. I'm not patient enough to let the one dry before re-installing it. Besides, I like the charcoal/carbon infused filters, and they're cheap enough.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Got some goodies in the mail today... Absolutely stoked to put this on the car. I might get a new MAP sensor and save the hassle of taking the other one off just in case...
There's not really much hassle, it's only 1 screw. And if you don't bother removing the cowl, you could have the intake plenums completely swapped in about 45 minutes.(y)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
This warning popped up on the I-MID this morning on my way in to work. Good thing I've got the tool coming this afternoon so I can fix it. Does anyone know where tire rack records the sensor ID's on the invoice in the package?The only thing I see is 4 numbers that are labeled road hazard id. Worst case scenario... I'll have to visit the tire shop to get the sensors reprogrammed.
The numbers for the Road hazard are basically the tire serial numbers. If you're not in too much of a hurry get one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Autel-PAD-...4:g:BXYAAOSwsc1a86kh:sc:UPSGround!53094!US!-1

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Stick with 16s for winter, or even drop to a 15 inch wheel/tire combo if you have the brake clearance. Your wheels (and back) will thank you when you hit the winter potholes. And your bank account will like the cheaper tire prices too.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
So far I'm noticing the shifter is very forgiving.
It's no lie when people rave about Honda manual transmissions.

Yes I bought his 6spd. He is planing on getting mine running again with a CVT and see how long it will run. Possibly looking at kswapping it down the road.
I stand by my FB prediction... ;-)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Looks like I'll be getting my Seibon hood and Lecee steering wheel back. The guy that bought my car isn't a fan of CF hoods and wants to put most of his stuff back to stock anyways. It's not free but... Some of it is what I like to consider unobtanium.
Ahem, and so it begins. ;-)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I beg your pardon for my ignorance, but can you still use your washer sprayers on the windshield or will this convert entirely just for the supercharger cooling now? In my head it's still functioning for both which is why you need the expanded capacity but figured I would ask since I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Well... I'm taking a break on doing any mods to Godspeed. I have a couple things planned but those are being put on the back burner while I finish working on my Mustang. My engine is finally done and shipping out to the shop this week. What you see here is a fully built 2.3L 4 cyl that will be paired up with a dual ceramic ball bearing turbo to make around 500 HP on E85. The end goal is a 500 HP capable 4 cyl Mustang that will also serve dual purpose as a 30 MPG highway cruiser.
I like your optimism. It started as a 300hp, 30mpg pump gas cruiser. What all has been done to it that will allow it to make 200 hp more and still get the 30 mpg running on fuel that is notoriously known for worse mileage?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts