Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my glovebox latch went. 馃槩. Spent over an hour trying to open using the little hole method with no luck. Unfortunately the glove box had my wife鈥檚 passport in it and she was due to fly out.

I didn鈥檛 want to do cosmetic damage to the dash so I removed the cover above the glovebox and below the vents. I then drilled a hole (2nd time lucky) through the surround and into the glovebox itself. Other posts and photos helped me work it out. I then used a small screw driver to push the latch down.
Trying to source a 2nd hand glovebox now. Not keen on trying to repair. For now out it back together, removed everything from the glove box and closed it up. At least I got her passport out.

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Bumper Vehicle door Finger Automotive mirror

Premium Member
You may have to go for new and order from the dealer or other supplier. The process begins with finding the correct part number. Use your local equivalent to Genuine OEM Honda Parts and Accessories Online - Honda Parts Now to figure out the part number, then use a web search to look for new or used. There are many car parts and salvage places on the Internet now. Good luck getting a replacement. One member a long time ago used some kind of latch from a boat place as a more sturdy replacement. If I find that thread, I will link to it here, Might be this one Outside Door Handle and Glove Box Handle. As you are RHD the part will be different, see link at bottom for part number then web search.

In the future, rather than creating a new thread, you could have just added to an existing thread like
CR-Z Glovebox latch repair, and it has links to other existing threads with solutions.

Right hand drive part numbers here Parts for right hand drive glove box latch

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may have to go for new and order from the dealer or other supplier. The process begins with finding the correct part number. Use your local equivalent to Genuine OEM Honda Parts and Accessories Online - Honda Parts Now to figure out the part number, then use a web search to look for new or used. There are many car parts and salvage places on the Internet now. Good luck getting a replacement. One member a long time ago used some kind of latch from a boat place as a more sturdy replacement. If I find that thread, I will link to it here, Might be this one Outside Door Handle and Glove Box Handle. As you are RHD the part will be different, see link at bottom for part number then web search.

In the future, rather than creating a new thread, you could have just added to an existing thread like
CR-Z Glovebox latch repair, and it has links to other existing threads with solutions.

Right hand drive part numbers here Parts for right hand drive glove box latch
Thank you. Will chase that up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts