Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Also wanna change the glove box light,its really small need to take it out and see,my fingers don't fit,or i just don't know how to take it lol but once you take it out,see the size and order it,on dealextreme.com,or superbrightled.com,or dinodirect.com and they are other sites find the cheaper one...

·
Registered
522 Posts
ok here are the components to the glove box light I've removed from the car. Inside the glove box this white plastic piece is the light cover, which I had to pry off (I think I'll need to super-glue it back in.....) and attached to it was this black housing, and through that was the cord/wire for power. the clear bulb is what was in the car (so weak & dim) and the white one is what I ordered thinking it would fit.... but it's too big.

the clear bulb has the following printed on it: "5 14V 1.4W" - to which I tried running a search on the led bulb sight and couldnt find an exact match...

would really like to swap this one out for LED b/c then 1. *all* interior lights would then be LED, and 2. it would be *much* brighter in the glove box :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
any updates on this? has anyone figured out what size bulb to order to replace the factory glove light?

""the clear bulb has the following printed on it: "5 14V 1.4W" - to which I tried running a search on the led bulb sight and couldnt find an exact match...""

:sadwavey:

·
Registered
675 Posts
hey, i know this thread is a bit old, but does the glove box light turn on the whole time while we have our headlights on during the night? or does the light in the glovebox turn off when we close our glovebox? sorry im at work so i cant check right now. but im so curious that i cant wait hahahaha

·
Registered
189 Posts
Giving this a bump to see if anyone is selling LEDs for the glovebox or knows of a source.

Or if you can tell me the bulb flange type, then I could make my own.

Thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
i had a UV led strip,and put it in the clove box,i'll try take a pic tomorrow,its different and everything white shines... and very easy to do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.