Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than calling a mobile glass shop, is there a way to repair really small glass chips or scratches by DIY?

I've now got a tiny little divot in the front that I don't want to fracture and off topic I've got a glass table at home with some scratches/gouges from the kids doing who knows what...

-Hoi

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You can get a windshield repair kit at any auto store like O'Reiley's, Autozone, NAPA, etc.

It's essentially the same thing the 'pros' do. It's a 2 part epoxy kit. It comes with the tools you'll need (plastic) along with the window dope.

Follow the directions to the "T".

If one's bigger than a 3" crack, I'd take it somewhere. You can fill the chips easily.

Or you can send it my way and I'll melt it out. :p

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Will your insurance company waive your deductable if the glass can be repaired rather than replaced?

I'd check into that first. Most companies will waive the decutable with no premium surcharge for small glass repairs.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Windshield Repair | Windshield Repair Kit | Windshield Crack Repair Kit i've used this for small chips works ok, you MUST follow the directions in order for it to work like it should. so far no cracks.
I will second following the instructions exactly as written.

Will your insurance company waive your deductable if the glass can be repaired rather than replaced?

I'd check into that first. Most companies will waive the decutable with no premium surcharge for small glass repairs.
They will if you have glass coverage. It's usually an add on and doesn't automatically come with most insurance agencies.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
They will if you have glass coverage. It's usually an add on and doesn't automatically come with most insurance agencies.
Depends on the state, some states require full glass for the insurance commisioner to approve the insurer to write policies.

It's worth OP checking. I'm not sure on CA. It's a full glass state for my company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.