Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

GENEVA: HONDA CR-Z EURO PRICE REVEALED

First sight 'in the metal' for Euro-spec CR-Z

Honda has revealed that the Euro-spec CR-Z hybrid-coupé will cost from £16,999 when it goes on sale this summer.
The CR-Z, which gets its European debut today at the Geneva motor show, will cost a whisker below £17k in basic 'S' trim, £17,999 in 'Sport' guise, and £19,999 for the range-topping 'GT' model.

The CR-Z is the first real attempt at making hybrids 'cool'. It's equipped with a six-speed manual gearbox, a chassis set up for 'sportiness' and a 1.5-litre hybrid drive engine. Honda says that it'll hit 62mph in a rather stately 9.7seconds, though you can't really expect too much more from 122bhp.

Its hybrid credentials mean emissions of only 117g/km CO2 and 56.4mpg.

PH has heard rumours of a Type-R version with roughly 200bhp, whether it's true or not remains to be seen, but a more powerful iteration would be a more enticing proposition from our point of view.
The hybrid drive and platform has been borrowed from the Honda Insight, but that's where the similarity ends. The CR-Z is 295mm shorter than the Insight, while the wheelbase is 115mm smaller.

Whether Honda's claim of 'kart-like' handling is true remains to be seen.

Article Found At: Piston Head

Images Found At: Piston Head

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
GT model USD 30127 before value added tax $24855
Sport USD 27114 $22369
Base USD 25597 $21118
Some other UK Honda model
Civic Type R(UK) USD 31285 $25810
Civic Hybrid EX USD 32024 $26419
Accord Type-S USD 42135 $34761
Insight ES-T USD 29084 $23994
Civic 5doors EX GT 1.8 MT USD 31788 $26225

I guess in US. CR-Z maybe around the price of Civic Si and sit between Insight and full loaded Civic Hybrid.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As you can see from Human 668's conversion prices, all comparable European models cost quite a bit more than those in the U.S. This is due to tariffs, higher transportation costs, etc. Look for the base CR-Z to come in much closer to $20,000 than $25,000.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with oldchap.... and to be honest I am not very knowledgable on the UK tax structures and how cars are priced in the UK.

But currently the UK VAT (value added tax) is 17.5%, so if you assume the prices given in this article include the VAT, which I think is a valid assumption, and you remove the 17.5% and convert the UK pounds to US dollars you get the following prices.

Base = $21,200
Sport = $22,450
GT = $24,950

For me I hope what they refer to as "GT" includes the Nav system, upgraded stereo, wheels, CVT, etc. If you have to added another $2000 from the Nav system that makes it roughly $27,000.... which is more than I can stomach.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some info from another news article about the base and sport model:

Honda's widely-anticipated CR-Z, the first hybrid sports coupé to go into production, is available to order now at prices starting from £16,999. That sum buys you the entry-level S model, which comes as standard with six airbags, active headrests, Vehicle Stability Assist, climate control air-conditioning, a six-speaker CD player, heated door mirrors, an auto-dimming interior mirror, electric windows, daytime running lights and an auxiliary socket for the audio system.

The Sport, which costs £17,999, gets ambient interior lighting, alloy pedals, cruise control, a leather gearlever, a multifunction steering wheel, parking sensors, privacy glass and a 240W premium audio system with a boot-mounted subwoofer and a USB port for MP3 players. At the top of the range is the £19,999, which comes with full leather upholstery, heated front seats, a panoramic sunroof, High Intensity Discharge xenon headlights, a hands-free telephone and automatic headlights and wipers.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Folks, I think you have your currency symbols mixed up. The prices in this press release £ are in pounds sterling not euros. The pound to dollar conversion is presently approximately £1 pound to $1.50 dollar US.

The correct conversion of these prices are:
Base $25,500
Sport $27,000
GT $30,000

So at these prices whose in?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Folks, I think you have your currency symbols mixed up. The prices in this press release £ are in pounds sterling not euros. The pound to dollar conversion is presently approximately £1.5 pounds to $1 dollar US.

The correct conversion of these prices are:
Base $25,500
Sport $27,000
GT $30,000

So at these prices whose in?
Thanks for checking. I thought I set it in pounds but the converter somehow changed to euros. No wonder Accord Type-S was so cheap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well actually I know what that the symbol is for pounds, and if you read the post you would see that my price conversions are based on deducting the 17.5% VAT from the cost

Example:
19,999 pounds = $30,171
$30,171 x 0.825 = $24,892

Now as I said maybe the prices given in pounds do not include the VAT, but I sure hope not or I won't be buying one.

Another thought, from what the US Honda site says we will not get anything like the GT version (leather seats and panoramic sunroof).... so hopefully that will further drop the US price.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
56.4 mpg? Is that right? Didn't the CEO of Honda America say at the Detroit Auto Show it would average 37 mpg? I'd be stoked if it beat the Prius on gas mileage! That's 20 more mpg!
Imperial gallons and us gallons are two different units.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CRZ pricing

I thought the price would have to be some where around the price of the Insight, it has a little more power, but is smaller. The most I would pay for one with Navi ans a decent stereo is about $24,000 USD. VW is bringing out the NCC, a small 4 seat coupe this year, rumors are a starting price of $17,000. I would think if Honda prices the CRZ about $25,000, they will sit on the lots like the Insights do now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.