Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None, i have a ktuner so I changed the vtec window and rpm limit.

Only other mod is the ge8 plenum.

The afrs are identical to what they were prior to the swap.

I feel like it would be more beneficial to do this if you had the statutory breathing mods and a remap, not for any reliability reasons, more to maximise the cam.

If i was to map it i would prefer a fixed vtec point.

You can see from the first video it drops out of vtec when changing gear.

I have the rev limit set at 6700 rather than 6900 the fit uses because peak power with this cam is around 6600.

If i was to increase the rpm limit to 6800 with fuel cut at 6900 it may be possible to stay in the vtec window with the change from 2-3

·
Registered
778 Posts
In that second video assist clearly stops about 6300 rpm and well before you reach the 6700 rpm limit you have set..
There may be second rpm limit in the ECM somewhere just for the IMA (Quite likely) or it may be in the PCM(MCM) in the back (Less likely).

The fact assist stops again in the next gear at 119 mph+ but lower rpm just looks like the battery is exhausted to me.
IF you had an OBDIIC&C in shot you could see a lot more about what is happening in real time and you could log data to your laptop. ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could it be load based Peter? It seems to ween off, drop, but then come back for one bqr and go to zero.
I remember last year, long before the cam install, I noticed it dropped to zero at about 105-110 mph.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Could it be load based Peter? It seems to ween off, drop, but then come back for one bqr and go to zero.
I remember last year, long before the cam install, I noticed it dropped to zero at about 105-110 mph.
Assist level does have an engine load component in it's activation threshold/level etc.
But SOC, Battery Temp, Voltage, RPM, Speed, Gear, Clutch, Brake, VSA etc etc are also included in the assist level algorithm.

What I see in the video does not look 'load' related IMO.

It looks simply like 1) There is a hard assist RPM limit somewhere and 2) The battery was exhausted after the gear change.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The battery charge level is definitely deceiving so! Three bars left when i lifted!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sneaky devils 😂
I know videos can be deceiving but how does the acceleration look compared to a stock car?
It feels quicker, especially in the 3 to 5k rpm ranhe, but I don't think it 'looks' quicker in the video.
Have to remember the fit only has 6hp on the crz peak.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh god don't put that idea in my head I won't sleep 😅
I think it looks slower because of the rpm but I suppose I am gaining a few mph in each gear just before i change so while it might look like I'm spending the same time in each gear I'm actually ending up at a higher mph before i change.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I posted a separate thread but maybe you know, anyone ever done this cam swap and then supercharged?

Car is pulling good, I played this video to my bother who has an energetic yellow ZF2 and he was very impressed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts