Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im going to give you a quick brief story of the situation im in. I currently bulding my evo x to the point where it is not going to be street legal. So im looking for a daily driver the CR-Z caught my eye and I like it alot. But before I pull the trigger I want hear the things you dont like and love about the car thanks agian.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here are my opinions:

Pro:
  • Fuel Econ is great.
  • Not very many on the road
  • Handles great
  • very comfortable to sit in and ride in
  • great info on the dash
  • NAVI is awesome!!
  • Blue Tooth works great
  • Headlights are very bright
  • Sport mode is a blast!!!

Cons:
  • Rear wiper is pointless
  • I have a small rattle in the hatchback area of the car, other have had a similar issue and have found the easy to fix issue.
  • Don't care for the audio navigation while using an iPod.
  • The headlight "AUTO" feature is too sensitive as the lights come on while the back of the car has direct sunlight.
  • Gearbox is a bit noisy during shifting. This is not coming from the transmission, but maybe the top plate above the transmission. It seems to be louder on the outside gears (1,2, 5, 6, R).

·
Registered
618 Posts
  • The headlight "AUTO" feature is too sensitive as the lights come on while the back of the car has direct sunlight.
I think the headlight sensitivity interval can be set in custom settings in the MFI display. But I don't have the manual handy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Headlight sensitivity can be changed.

Pros:
Shifter and clutch feel fantastic.
Electric motor makes it feel much more powerful than 122hp.
Econ, Normal, and Sport modes make it legitimately feel like 3 different cars.
The feedback on the dash makes it fun to save money. This car is fun to drive slow.
Steering is very quick and smooth.
Auto shutoff is essentially seamless and helps with gas mileage.
Stereo in the EX is great.
Very decent cargo storage and configuration.

Cons:
Soft suspension and tires are gonna be a big departure from your evo. It handles merely decently. Has some very strange behavior at the limit.
Only two seats.
Electric motor stops assisting when there's still 3 bars of battery left.
iPod interface is not very convenient to browse, and it prevents you from browsing on the phone.
Bluetooth handsfree phonebook is tedious to program.
Hills will deplete the battery and you will have to downshift to 4th or even 3rd to get up them.
Any time you want to load larger cargo behind the seats (while leaving the divider up), there is no easy way to go back to the comfortable seat setting you've found.
Shifter is super cold to hold when the car's not warmed up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Do a quick search with words like "what you like" and "waht you don't like" and you should soon find some pretty lengthy threads on both subjects. LIKE wins, by the way!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Evo owner

From a fellow Evo owner to another (I have an Evo 9).

The CRZ fit my needs as a second car to the Evo. My is not heavily modified, but it did make 380 hp at CBRD's Mustang Dyno. :thumbsup:
It's a head turner, fuel efficient, and has a fun to drive appeal. It's never going to be as crisp or as fast as the Evo, but is sufficiently fun and capable as a daily driver.

Only downside to it is possibly the poor rear visibility, but even anyone can get used to that with a few adjustments with the mirrors. Otherwise, I love it!

P.S. Be careful with catching the mod bug with this one too. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.