Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife had to go out of town this weekend so some extra time on my hands and decided to take Jawz for a little trip around the block. There's a particularly curvy and hilly loop route of about 20 miles with only a couple of stops. You cant average more than about 40-45 mph b/c of the turns, but now with the car a bit more broken in after 5k miles thought I'd put her through some maneuvering. Funny, I'd never really considered myself that much of a car person before and certainly had never done this with any of my previous cars. I have a 6mt and decided to keep it in sport the whole way. Man, what a ride!!! This car in sport hugs the road like nobodys business (also result of low center of gravity and wide wheels ala go-cart, of course) allowing you to maintain maximal speed with minimal braking while enjoying the sheer sensation of centrifugal force rounding those turns, not unlike a coaster ride! Crazy huh?? But I loved it. For me, there's a lot more to being considered a sports car than sheer acceleration. This car handles beautifully. AND when I looked at the mpg meter at the end: 45 mpg!!!!! I've done this rte before in winter never averaging more than 38-40 mpg. But spring is finally here. I still see no reason to stop this childhood retreat.

[/URL

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i have a sweet road on my ride home like this but not as long, holly "s" is that road fun, i used to wip that road alot in my crx, never in my gti. i find it better to do at night so i can see the headlights of the on comming cars..... its a one lane road and to pass on comming traffic you have to go pretty slow and hang far to the right for a tight squeeze, but when its open oh man!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sounds fun. You are only about 1.5 hours from Pocono Raceway. I bet they had a number of track days where they give you an instructor and a lot of track time. They are normally run by SCCA, NASA, or sometimes called things like "Friday at the Track". They are a blast and a great way to have fun.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Nothing quite like driving around a while in Eco, then switching it over to sports and turning off the VSA for a twisty road section. Just love the gocart feel of it. It just seems to shoot out of those really tight corners :) It's not a super quick car ofc, but it sure feels like it sometimes :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.