Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS: Takeda Momentum BLACK intake & DRY FILTER media $220

Fits CVT. Fitment on my CvT was perfect.

This intake worked fine in the 2011 CR-Z I had bought it off of.

But I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones who gets the persistent P0701 system lean code.

I can't tell you if you'll have the same problem. Seems to be a hit and miss with this intake.

The risk is up to you to take as this SALE IS the FINAL kind of sale.

No refunds or warranties, no "trying it out" (sorry I just don't have the time for that)

Personal usage estimated 500mi max.

Local pick up in SoCal (Orange County/LA) preferred but I'll check shipping costs for serious inquiries.

Intake DRY filter element was thuroughly cleaned prior to install.

Normal use wear.

Only damage is a small chip l. On the right side in first pic (it's sticking out because it's more like a small gouge. It can be pressed back in so it's flat. Seems like an easy fix with some plastic super glue/epoxy.

All parts attached to the intake in photo is included. Just needs your MAF sensor.

Doesn't get any more direct BOLT-ON than this.

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
151 Posts
Maybe your injectors were not able to add more fuel? Did you check your LTFT and STFT while it was installed?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe your injectors were not able to add more fuel? Did you check your LTFT and STFT while it was installed?
I had a short discussion over here:

Yea, that's one possibility.
After following troubleshooting steps in the Honda repair manual it could be the injectors, or fuel pressure/fuel system related.

STFT and LTFT where both monitored. With my limited diy knowledge the data seemed paradoxical.

LTFT stayed high around 25% which suggested fuel problem. But it would also VERY SLOWLY down to about 12% during long highway cruising which suggests vacuum leak.

I ran about 5 tanks of various injector and fuel system cleaners.

I know I can clean the injectors further and etc etc. But that's as far as I want to go into this since the car works just fine with the stock box... I'll opt out of further interventions , and just take the source of problem off.

***Side note, FYI after spending too much time comparing MSDS files:
(GUMOUT injector and fuel system cleaner is the best bang for the buck.

REDLINE packs punch and is affordable.

Chevron techron is "confusing" their formulation changed multiple times and their marketing of the same product with slightly altered names doesn't help.. plus they are super hush-hush about their formulation which is annoying and actually pretty effective at preventing me from buying their product.)

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
151 Posts
12% might still be a fuel problem, or a vacuum leak, or both. I would also check the STFT, if after LTFT dropps to 12%, you floor the car, check STFT. If it's positive then it's probably fuel problem. If it's negative then probably vacuum leak.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the reply.

It may help the person who buys this!

As for me, I put the stock box on and both readings are near perfect within normal. Call me old or lazy. But I'm good with stock haha

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was asked via PM if this is a V1 or V2 as well as for a closer picture of the gouge. So my response here too for anyone else interested:

I believe it's V2, because the V1 didn't fit the CVT. However I am not 100% on that. I just know it fit my CVT with no issues. Cleared everything ( with space to spare) with no rubbing issues whatsoever.

The 2nd picture is where the tubing indented a bit due to overtightening the screw-clamp on the connecting filter. However, since the connection piece is a rubber/silicone type material it was still an air tight seal.
(Also, this couldn't have caused the P0701 code I was getting due to it being way before the MAF sensor.. or any sensor for that matter. It's literally right after the filter media)

I HIGHLY doubt it affects performance and isn't even worth mentioning, but just being transparent.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts