Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a rebuilt sprintex supercharger for sale. It was rebuilt by Jon bond performance and is in excellent condition. I am selling because i no longer have a car i can use it with .It is all boxed up and can be shipped right away. It has zero miles on it since the rebuild and will come with all installation hardware and belt as well as fresh Jon bond oil. Pics will be uploaded once i go to the shop and take some. Price is $2000 plus shipping and any PayPal fees if not sent friends and family.

·
Red&Black
6,030 Posts
Wow these new and like new sprintex units are coming out of the woodwork right now!
I just received in the mail today my own refurbished sprintex from Jon Bond Performance. Great Shop! Got to talk to him on the phone several times.
Good luck with sale!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow these new and like new sprintex units are coming out of the woodwork right now!
I just received in the mail today my own refurbished sprintex from Jon Bond Performance. Great Shop! Got to talk to him on the phone several times.
Good luck with sale!
Are they worth the purchase? I really have been interested in purchasing one but still see they are quite expensive.

·
Red&Black
6,030 Posts
Are they worth the purchase? I really have been interested in purchasing one but still see they are quite expensive.
Brand new they were $2500. They are also discontinued, along with most of the other brands of supercharger available for the CRZ. So any NIB, refurbished, or used sets you see for sale will have a price not too far from the brand new, because it’s rare now.

Is it worth it? I think that’s a personal question. The crz is already a slow car, and adding a S/C to a hybrid drivetrain can only do so much. Someone looking for real power would turbocharge or k-swap the car. S/C is a cheaper, quicker (5-8 hours) solution to add some more pep. I own a sprintex s/c crz and also a normal crz. I can DEFINITELY notice a difference, but I’m still not winning any races haha.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Brand new they were $2500. They are also discontinued, along with most of the other brands of supercharger available for the CRZ. So any NIB, refurbished, or used sets you see for sale will have a price not too far from the brand new, because it’s rare now.

Is it worth it? I think that’s a personal question. The crz is already a slow car, and adding a S/C to a hybrid drivetrain can only do so much. Someone looking for real power would turbocharge or k-swap the car. S/C is a cheaper, quicker (5-8 hours) solution to add some more pep. I own a sprintex s/c crz and also a normal crz. I can DEFINITELY notice a difference, but I’m still not winning any races haha.
I think you might be racing the wrong cars. In theory any supercharged CR-Z with a proper tune should at least be able to hang with if not outright Beat a Civic SI, at least a factory stock one. Or maybe it's the CVT that's robbing you of your power.😉

·
Registered
25 Posts
CR-Z is only ~300lbs lighter than a Civic Si and even with the supercharger it is still down 50hp. Manual or CVT the CR-Z is going to be outrun by a Civic.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
CR-Z is only ~300lbs lighter than a Civic Si and even with the supercharger it is still down 50hp. Manual or CVT the CR-Z is going to be outrun by a Civic.
Results are on a Dynojet with temps around 84-85 degrees with around 55% humidity. Elevation - 102' (Boosting around 6PSI)
2011 Honda CRZ Ex 6MT - Jackson Racing Supercharger Kit, SpoonSports/GE8 Camshaft Kit, Weapon-R Header/Downpipe, HKS Silent Hi-Power Catback Exhaust, 270cc Injectors, 255lp Walbro, SPEC Stage 1 Clutch, KTuner V1.
Baseline - 171.31whp & 148.53wtq (Ktuner Basemap)
Tuned - 185.08whp & 154.78wtq (Custom Map by Delacruz)
View attachment 64385
At 185 whp that puts this SC CR-Z within 20 hp of what most factory Civic SI are rated bhp, iirc. Add the low end torque that the Z has with a driver that knows what they're doing and it should stand a decent chance. Just saying.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That would be pretty heavily modified to get 185hp. Spintex claims 155hp. A quick Hondata tune on a Civic bumps 30hp for nothing more than plugging in and hitting upload.

But hey I am pretty heavily biased with a K24Z7 swapped CR-Z.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Well I'm not looking to really race anyone, I just wanted to get it a little bit more power as a fun daily that looks and sounds good. I've already installed some mods including some expensive spoon sports stuff. The sprintex would be the final touch if I can get it at a good price, which 2k isn't too bad I think. I just wish someone was willing to go a little lower.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z Ex (6MT)
38 Posts
All in all. It all depends on what you're looking for. A supercharger is decent for low end power for cheap and ease of install as oppose to a K-Swap. K-Swap if you're looking for overall power since it's a better platform period. With my JRSC supercharged crz I have personally beaten a few bolt on SI but I have always lost to a tuned SI with a good driver in a DRAG race. K's are just a faster motor. On the track like circuit/road racing then that's another story since I've personally beaten many classes of cars but then again that's on driver skill too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts