Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale my 2012 Honda CR-Z EX, CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), Premium White Pearl, Black Interior, with 69,500 miles. The car has never been in an accident, it has a clean title, and I am the only owner. Selling it for $8,000.

I hate having to sell this car, I love it, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Mechanically, the car has never had any issues other than regular maintenance items. It has always been serviced at a dealer when the 'Service Minder' system says to, and I have some service records available. The car is completely stock mechanically, but it does come with an unopened and unused set of springs that I was originally going to swap out, but decided not to. The only thing changed under the hood is the addition of gas struts to hold the hood open.

The body is in amazing condition - there have been a few rock chips over the years, but they've been filled with a matched paint pen and can't be seen past a few feet away. There are two small dents (only noticeable in reflections) on the driver's door where a cart hit it in a parking lot. There is protective film installed on door edges and on the rear bumper. The glass is in great condition, with one small rock chip near the bottom of the glass from the first week I owned the car, which was professionally repaired and has not expanded in 8 years. The car has the optional carbon fiber side rails, and the gas door has been wrapped in carbon fiber.

The cargo area is in perfect condition. It has the OEM all-weather cargo mat, and the carpet is in perfect condition. The rear 'seat' (fold down cargo area) is also in great condition, though it has small holes drilled for cables when I had some aftermarket stereo equipment added (now removed).

The interior is in good condition - it has some normal wear and tear, the seats were covered with Clazzio leather seat covers with blue stitching within the first month I owned the car. The passenger seat is in perfect condition, but the driver's seat has some rips in the leather, so I have a replacement piece coming. Due to the shutdown they will not be received until sometime in July, if the car is sold before then I will forward it on to you or replace it for you if you'd like. I also unfortunately discovered that the seats (under the covers) had been stained by adhesive that I was not able to remove, so if you want stock cloth seats, be prepared to get them professionally cleaned.

The stock interior for this car was a light grey color, but I preferred the black interior that only came with the black car, so I purchased all of those OEM interior pieces and replaced them, so the interior is now all black. This includes the door cards, which were painted black and the interior pieces were professionally wrapped in black leatherette. I had all-weather floor mats installed when I bought the car, I've removed them (they were quite worn), so the car has the carpeted floor mats that are brand new. The car also has the illuminated door sills, in blue, and CR-Z puddle lights (passenger side currently doesn't work).

Since day 1, I've used Fuelly.com to track the mileage, which has averaged out to 35mpg. On longer road trips I get over 40mpg. It drives very well, it is quick and sporty, very comfortable, and looks practically brand new. I get compliments on the car all the time. The cargo area is also surprisingly large for such a small car.

The car will come with a full set of aftermarket springs (uninstalled and unused) and most of the original interior pieces in light grey, plus all-weather floor mats (passenger side is perfect, driver's side is worn through).

One small snag - the title for the car is currently being processed by the DMV (I was getting a new title without my lender on it), and may take a few weeks before I can transfer it over.

Due to the current situation in the world, and to make it easier for people to check out the car without needing to leave the house, I have made two videos for the car, the first is of the car stationary, walking around it and inspecting it:

The other is a 'virtual test drive' (sorry that I wasn't able to cut out the silent portions sitting at red lights):

I'm limited to only 10 images, so here is an imgur link with the full album:
My contact info:
Bill Carlson
425-736-8458 (text or call)
located in Mill Creek, WA

IMG_0771.JPG IMG_0772.JPG IMG_0773.JPG IMG_0774.JPG IMG_0775.JPG IMG_0776.JPG IMG_0777.JPG IMG_0778.JPG IMG_0779.JPG IMG_0780.JPG

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
One owner car well maintained. Someone will getting a great car! Too bad you have to sell it. Good Luck with the sale.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks really nice. I'm not looking to buy, but why are you selling it? Just curious.
I have some more details in the "What did you do the Z today?" thread, but in short - I found a great deal on a DeLorean. I'm actually super bummed about selling - it's the best car I've ever owned. But getting a DeLorean project car is an opportunity that I couldn't pass up.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
110 Posts
I have some more details in the "What did you do the Z today?" thread, but in short - I found a great deal on a DeLorean. I'm actually super bummed about selling - it's the best car I've ever owned. But getting a DeLorean project car is an opportunity that I couldn't pass up.
Oooh you're that guy. I saw your post, but I didn't recognize the user name, wasn't paying too much attention.

Well, good luck with the sale. Hope you don't get bombarded with the "dOEs iT hAvE a FLuX cApAciToR???" jokes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.