Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
North Shore Blue Pearl, with 6700 miles. Added center console, all weather mats and cargo tray. The carpet mats are still in the unopened package. I bought the first CRZ in Placer County (Auburn California) at the end of August 2010, and have used it for my daily commute down I-80 to work. It has averaged 39.4 mpg and got 46 mpg on a trip up to Bend, Oregon. It is a great car, but unfortunately, the seats do not get along with my lower back. I guess they were not designed for 62 year olds. Anyway, rather than continue trying out new types of seat cushions I have decided to put it up for sale. The sticker was 23,532 and the console was another $300. I am asking $20,400 which is exactly what I owe. It is in like-new condition with the new car smell intact. You can reach me at 530-346-3597.
VIN# JHMZF1C67BS002443

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Recaros

sounds like you need some recaros...
I loved the seats in my 07 Civic LX Coupe. I took a 3000 mile roadtrip last summer spending 6-7 hours at the wheel and never a problem. My first long trip in the CRZ from Auburn CA to Bend OR and I was squirming after an hour into the trip. I have the same trouble with my wife's TSX. I end up putting a small pillow for additional lumbar support and that seems to help. I actually comtemplated taking the seats out of the Civic to see if they would fit the CRZ but was worried about setting off the seat airbags and messing them up. Before I could try that, I got a great offer on the Civic so I sold it.

I would hate to spend a bunch of money on the Recaros and end up with the same issues. I will have to check out the local Honda dismantlers and see what they want for a set of Civic seats. It might be worth it. I do like the Z, especially in the curvy Sierra foothill roads. The car is very entertaining.

Rob

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
North Shore Blue Pearl, with 6700 miles. Added center console, all weather mats and cargo tray. The carpet mats are still in the unopened package. I bought the first CRZ in Placer County (Auburn California) at the end of August 2010, and have used it for my daily commute down I-80 to work. It has averaged 39.4 mpg and got 46 mpg on a trip up to Bend, Oregon. It is a great car, but unfortunately, the seats do not get along with my lower back. I guess they were not designed for 62 year olds. Anyway, rather than continue trying out new types of seat cushions I have decided to put it up for sale. The sticker was 23,532 and the console was another $300. I am asking $20,400 which is exactly what I owe. It is in like-new condition with the new car smell intact. You can reach me at 530-346-3597.
VIN# JHMZF1C67BS002443
Sorry to see you go. A lot of us Geriatrics (affectionate term) here and having fun with our CR-Z's. Sure there is not another option? But then again, taking care of the body is more important.... As most of of us know....

· Registered
22 Posts
I'm an "old guy" and my lower back is problematic in most vehicles. I bought a lower back support pad that helped with that.

If you truly love the car try the pad route. Don't throw in the towel just yet.

I am a pilot and love flying small "sporty" aircraft. They all have sucky seats and hurt my lower back. I use the Oregon Aero seat cushions in all the planes I fly. The cushions really help out and make it enjoyable......:)

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Oregon Aero Cushion

I checked out the Oregon Aero cushions. They are a little pricey, but appear to be well constructed and worth it. Thanks for the tip, I am ordering today and will post with the results.

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.