Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a problem with the front tow hook cover popping off or opening half way just from driving around?

Mine seems to pop open frequently and I have to close it when I get home. It doesn't come all the way off, just opens a bit, enough to annoy me.

I've inspected closely and it doesn't appear to be damaged in anyway (including internal clips).

Any thoughts? :unsure:

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Any chance someone may be playing with it, where you regularly park?
I recall another thread about this, but cannot find it right now.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It's pretty hard to take that thing off, are you sure you're putting it on right?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I searched threads also and couldn't find anything myself. I don't thing anyone is messing with it because it's not consistent with one destination or another. For me it comes off very easily so maybe there is something wrong with it. Maybe I'll take some pics and post later.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine was 'hanging out" when I test drove it at the dealer... Their explanation was that 'it's supposed to be easy to remove"... Right. I'm thinking about putting a small amount of clear silicone behind to keep it in place & and I could still remove it if I EVER needed to.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine was actually easy to push in on one side, so I would push the opposite side to even it out..
I'll check mine out when I take off my bumper when I put my body kit and see what's going on with it.
Is it supposed to screw on or something?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE - When I got home the other day it was half way popped off and when I went to push it back on it actually detached from the plastic "string" that keeps it attached to the bumper. Hoping they sell this as a separate piece so I can replace it. Now I just have a hole :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
UPDATE - When I got home the other day it was half way popped off and when I went to push it back on it actually detached from the plastic "string" that keeps it attached to the bumper. Hoping they sell this as a separate piece so I can replace it. Now I just have a hole :cry:

They do sell it separate. Even painted in most cases.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had the same issue with mine. The wind would cause it to come loose after a trip on the freeway. I bought my car with 6 miles on it and the thing was loose when I got home the first time. In my case it looked like maybe the paint was too thick where the piece latches on or the latch piece was too weak, it wasn't locking in place tightly. I used a small amount of Loctite gel and haven't had a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone else have a problem with the front tow hook cover popping off or opening half way just from driving around?

Mine seems to pop open frequently and I have to close it when I get home. It doesn't come all the way off, just opens a bit, enough to annoy me.

I've inspected closely and it doesn't appear to be damaged in anyway (including internal clips).

Any thoughts? :unsure:
Yes, mine popped off today! iI's just a round plastic piece with a tag inside to keep it in place. I am going through the dealership because online the prices are ridiculous (like $30 SHP) or it's sold out on Amazon. I may add some adhesive just in case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts