Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looks like my front suspension is stuck at whatever height it is now. Luckily I was only going to try and drop it half and inch to an inch.

The lower locking collar on the cusco zero one front is jammed. Already destroyed one of my coilover wrenches trying to free it. Didn't even work with lots of wd40. :p

Anything else that would magically work?

-Hoi

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well looks like my front suspension is stuck at whatever height it is now. Luckily I was only going to try and drop it half and inch to an inch.

The lower locking collar on the cusco zero one front is jammed. Already destroyed one of my coilover wrenches trying to free it. Didn't even work with lots of wd40. :p

Anything else that would magically work?

-Hoi
If it is stuck that bad, I would pull the strut and put some spring compressors on it, and then try and loosen the top ring.

·
Registered
430 Posts
top set with the spring is fine, it's the bottom threadded section that is stuck :(

-Hoi
Hmm, not sure any amount of WD40 or PB is gonna help with that one, sounds like it is cross threaded (since it is so new and aluminum, I am guessing it isn't rusted stuck). If it is stuck without the pressure of the top ing on it, it is cross threaded. You may need to tap it with a hard rubber mallet up and down on different sides to pop it back into the correct threads.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm thinkin of trying to find some non aluminum wrenches and try both the pb and rubber mallet.

-Hoi
PB is killer stuff, but not sure if it will help with this one or not... I have steel spanners that came with my TEIN's, if you want to hook up next weekend and try them. I am only about an hour and a half from SF, if you want to bring it over, I would be happy to help you out.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PB is killer stuff, but not sure if it will help with this one or not... I have steel spanners that came with my TEIN's, if you want to hook up next weekend and try them. I am only about an hour and a half from SF, if you want to bring it over, I would be happy to help you out.
Kwl good to know. I'll have to take you up on that if I can't get these unstuck. That's not too far away and as a bonus I'd get to see your car in person.

-Hoi

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
sounds like a good fix but i would almost leave it and send it back for a complete new set up cuz both sets of threads will now be jacked up and they should replace them for you. What set up do you have again?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Kwl good to know. I'll have to take you up on that if I can't get these unstuck. That's not too far away and as a bonus I'd get to see your car in person.

-Hoi
Ditto... I would like to se that car as well :thumbsup:

PM me if you decide to come up the hill... I have al the tools we would need to pull it out if needed, and a garage to do the work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.