Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the RF rotor a bit strange earlier in the week.
To me, appears the pads are not making a compete contact sweep on certain parts, bit on another section, it looks OK.
Once above freezing, plan to take apart and check the slide pins and caliper piston, to make sure not stuck.
But could possibly be warped rotor? I have no shakes, shimmies or pulling to either side when braking,
I did have a previous problem of seized piston, but have replaced the front calipers, so thinking I killed the rotor due to that issue?
LF rotor looks normal.

20210219_095713.jpg 20210219_095731.jpg 20210219_095736.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,638 Posts
One quick thing you can do is re-torque the lug nuts in a diagonal pattern using a torque wrench. I caught one tire place monkey going in a circle and from that point on I retorque my lug nuts myself with my torque wrench every time the wheels are removed for any reason. It could have been caused by the stuck piston issue. Some shops have an on car rotor lathe or a lathe in general and they can rescue a "warped" rotor if it has enough meat left to it.

·
Registered
2012 EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight and I always torque using star pattern. Have for about 40 years and is one thing I am picky about.
Calipers slide pins are clean, lubed and move freely. Bracket bores same with no rust and caliper piston has free movement as well.

·
Registered
2012 EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pads were brand new when replaced calipers after stuck piston. Maybe 2000 miles on them.
They look to be wearing same both inside and out and same on driver and passenger side.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
Pads were brand new when replaced calipers after stuck piston. Maybe 2000 miles on them.
They look to be wearing same both inside and out and same on driver and passenger side.
If everything's new and moving freely, just send it. Really, find a road with solitude and bring speed up to 55 mph and hard brake down to almost a full stop. Do that half a dozen times or more, then do it again at half that speed. If that doesn't help, turn the rotors, but I suspect there's some glazing on the pads that needs to be scrubbed off with some spirited braking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts