Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Firstly, love my new CRZ! It's having a bath today as the weather's nice…

I am, however very nervous (having slightly dinked it) about how much space i have in front of me when parking/turning.
It rides really low (as you know) & I'm sure its a matter of time before i dink it again on a kerb i can't/haven't seen.
I've looked at retro fit parking sensors, even parking cameras but I'm not really confident in drilling holes in my spanking new car, and most kits want to take power from the reverse light (not any good when going forward!). I can't see any way, where I could take power from anywhere at the front of the car - apart from direct off the car battery. The other issue I've come across is getting a wire from the front of the car, into the inside of the car if I was to mount something on the front.

so, to the group, any ideas? Has anyone done something or do I just need to learn to drive it properly and be extra careful?!

Many thanks!

Mark

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had front parking sensors on the 550i and those had to be activated with a button if I'm just going into a garage or a parking spot snout first. Used them once or twice and I think with a tiny CR-Z they are overkill. The bonnet on the Honda is much shorter and the car itself is short enough to leave ample space in front of it and not have the butt stick out of the parking spots.

Honestly, the amount of money, time and effort that you spend on rigging the imperfect front parking sensors is better spent on a couple of parking lot practice sessions with some cardboard boxes or cones. Just my opinion, of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.