Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to give my car an 80,000 mile present. Though after removing them, I found that the front brakes still had at least another 5k or so of life left in them. Either way, I wanted to at least get the new pads and rotors put on before I leave on my work trip tomorrow.

Here's the full spread.

The best damn home purchase I have ever made.

Friggen snow and salt everywhere.

Side view.

When I return, I'll get the lines thrown on and fluid replaced. More pictures to follow.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Where you referring to the lift as the best purchase!? I would agree on that one! I also need to upgrade rotors and my breaks to a bbk.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Im interested to know how much that lift was. I heard the manufacturer has to send personnel out to verify it is level and on a solid mounting point. PM me some details if you don't wanna clutter your thread.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Im interested to know how much that lift was. I heard the manufacturer has to send personnel out to verify it is level and on a solid mounting point. PM me some details if you don't wanna clutter your thread.
They aren't that tough to install. You don't even need a level floor. Hammer drill, grade 5 nuts and bolts, a fork lift, some epoxy grout, etc etc.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
They aren't that tough to install. You don't even need a level floor. Hammer drill, grade 5 nuts and bolts, a fork lift, some epoxy grout, etc etc.
I'm sure the install is very easy but for liability and warrantee reasons wouldn't you think some sort of verifications would have to be supplied?

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
I'm sure the install is very easy but for liability and warrantee reasons wouldn't you think some sort of verifications would have to be supplied?
Well buying direct from the manufacture would probably infer you were installing it yourself. If that's not the case then whatever middle man company you purchased it from would probably include the installation as part of the price or try to sell you an installation package. Warranty' don't generally cover installation work. Just mechanical components of the lift itself.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Well buying direct from the manufacture would probably infer you were installing it yourself. If that's not the case then whatever middle man company you purchased it from would probably include the installation as part of the price or try to sell you an installation package. Warranty' don't generally cover installation work. Just mechanical components of the lift itself.
Yea I'm saying a way to cover your own ass you know what I mean? Like if something went wrong and they try to say the warrantee won't cover it due to a shotty install. I'll be looking to purchase two of these in the near future so I'm trying to get all the info I can before I dive in. Lol

·
Registered
808 Posts
There are used ones Craig's list. My friend found some for $2500, and he was able to buy 2 for his shop. Installation wasn't as difficult as I thought.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nice thread jacking guys...take it somewhere else. Staying tuned for more pics from Honad.
And to stay on topic..... Interested to know if these are s2k as well, as they look good and this is one upgrade I'm considering for this year.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The reviews are in and braking is great as I'm back from my trip now. Have done nearly 4k miles on the new setup already. :)

The EBC's are noisy when they are cold, but nothing else really to report. Pedal feel is better. Brake butt dyno says I'm stopping sooner with less urgency.

Those are just Slotted OEM size replacement rotors. I contemplated doing the HFP Big Brake thing for a little while, then reconsidered. I could not justify spending the extra money on that brake upgrade when my dedicated track car is still working with a factory brake upgrade. Instead I'll be setting aside those funds for the impending suspension swap out that will soon be necessary on the CR-Z.

The lift: When I built my house, I did that 3rd/4th bay with it in mind. For a Two post A-symmetrical like my Rotary, you'll need at least 13' of clearance. The concrete has to be 8" thick, it should be poured flat and if it doesn't get too crazy, the whole structure should have extra support for the weight if you want to do it right. Though the lift is hydraulic, the motor uses 220 and has to have a dedicated circuit, so when thinking about it, make sure that is in your game plan. When we built the house, we opted for 300amp service so running anything extra equipment it's adequate. Most homes are 200amp. Not including all the extras to prepare when the home was built, it was less than $5000 installed with the electrical run.

It's more than paid for itself in "savings" if you will. I've done numerous pretty big jobs on it already for myself or with friends that would've cost well over the price for the lift in labor if I would've had them done at a shop. My back/neck/arms thank me and the times savings are fantastic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts