Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer affixed their stupid ad plate and bracket to the front of my car. I unbolted everything but somehow still can't get the bracket off. Please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Have you tried a Sawzall? J/K, how about posting some pics so we can marinate on it.
:blush: when I first read that.. I thought you had used another word.. similar to marinate..:eek:mg: I was thinking wtf! Really threw me! :blushing: ! My girlfriend was like (what are you laughing so hard about?) .. ok.. i am strange, I admit it.. :iough:

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
stop joking about using a sawzall (sp?) on the CR-Z... what kind of advice is that from a Moderator of this site?? you should be ashamed of yourself... you know very well that the Dremel with a nice cutting blade will be much easier to control :spinning:

no seriously, pictures might help... but i think it's probably just being held on by clips?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
stop joking about using a sawzall (sp?) on the CR-Z... what kind of advice is that from a Moderator of this site?? you should be ashamed of yourself... you know very well that the Dremel with a nice cutting blade will be much easier to control :spinning:

no seriously, pictures might help... but i think it's probably just being held on by clips?
I was going to suggest that also.. haven't taken mine off since CO is a front plate state.. but I think there are clips in the back that you can feel, if you stick your finger behind the mount. Think it just slides up after you get all 3 of the screws/bolts out. My dealer put it on with only the clips.. so it wobbles.. which is why I was checking it. Have to fix it one of these days...

·
Registered
376 Posts
First remove dealer paper plate.

Check center of plastic bracket....there should be center indentation...make sure they did not use a screw there. They did it to mine and now I have a permanent screw hole (no puns intended). I will fix that hole one day. Now remove that screw if they did.

You will need a phillip screw driver (as short as possible but head should be correct size). Look under the bottom of bracket. Lay on your back and look up if necessary. There should be 2 screws attached to clips. Unscrew those screws. Your done.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
First remove dealer paper plate.

Check center of plastic bracket....there should be center indentation...make sure they did not use a screw there. They did it to mine and now I have a permanent screw hole (no puns intended). I will fix that hole one day. Now remove that screw if they did.

You will need a phillip screw driver (as short as possible but head should be correct size). Look under the bottom of bracket. Lay on your back and look up if necessary. There should be 2 screws attached to clips. Unscrew those screws. Your done.
Cool.. a man wid da plan! That is good to know.. since I need to fix mine one of these days... :hi5:

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
:blush: when I first read that.. I thought you had used another word.. similar to marinate..:eek:mg: I was thinking wtf! Really threw me! :blushing: ! My girlfriend was like (what are you laughing so hard about?) .. ok.. i am strange, I admit it.. :iough:
Well it is me, so you never know what will roll out of my mouth:popcorn::pP:! I don't even know half the time:iough:!

I like strange..... why be "normal"? it sucks and is boring:hi5:.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts

You forget I am a power plant mechanic, a Dremel is just to feminine:pP:.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Heck, ya'll.... here in coloradder, we jist gets out our chainsaws (the lil ones) for that kind of fine work... no need for a big'un on a honda.. only need taht if you are wurking on yur dodge ram or sumpin.
WOW! You would fit right in here in good 'ol Backo:sheep:! Wait....................... do you have all of your teeth?:blink:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
for other purposes crazee, yes

on a serious note, i still cant figure this out :(

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
for other purposes crazee, yes

on a serious note, i still cant figure this out :(
Hmmmmm!

Lay on your back and look up if necessary. There should be 2 screws attached to clips. Unscrew those screws.

You did this? No dice? did you try gently pulling the bottom of the bracket away from the car (gently!!!!!) and look up into it with a flashlight, or something?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You did this? No dice? did you try gently pulling the bottom of the bracket away from the car (gently!!!!!) and look up into it with a flashlight, or something?
Yes, no screws left. I tried to pull the bracket away. It seems to be clipped on somehow. I don't want to snap it off.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Alright it's late so I did not take picture of my vehicle but instead took some snap shot of the plate. If your plate is like mine it should come of fairly easily. Slightly pull forward in a downward motion would dislodge the bracket after all screws are removed.

Floor Wood Automotive exterior Electronic device

Frontal view of bracket. Notice center indentation. Make sure to remove that screw if it is there.

Sky Light Cloud Lighting Hand

The 2 black screws are at both end of bracket. You could see the slots for them (one near my thumb).

Wood Hardwood Plywood

The 3 screws to attach my bracket.

If these photos do not help you....take a couple of snapshots of your plate maybe we can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
why not just tell them to take it off. Was your advertising their showroom part of your sale contract?
I just don't feel like driving all the way back there. I didn't notice it until after I left. I think DIO's new instructions will be helpful. I'm going to check it out tonight.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.