Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CRZ EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2011crzFSM.pdf (You'll have to download as file is too large to preview in google drive)

Hello all, I've read many articles on this site but have never posted anything despite doing a bunch of work to my Z in the last 2 years. I've recently come across the entire FSM off of this strange website that just had the entire PDF. I thought I'd post it on here since the other article on this site that had the FSM posted to google drive has stopped working. Hope this can help some of you out!

·
Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
409 Posts
I've seen the ZF1 manual float around a few places but it's nice to see it again. However nobody's been able to find the ZF2 manual yet. I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX
60 Posts
Whoaaa. The dude even has a dashcam vid of himself crashing into a telephone pole.
I'm assuming he fell asleep at the wheel.
It looks like it was pretty low speed, but still enough to do some damage.

·
IMA Enthusiast
1,382 Posts
I've seen the ZF1 manual float around a few places but it's nice to see it again. However nobody's been able to find the ZF2 manual yet. I'm sure it's out there somewhere.
Asfaik The ZF2 manual is not available for pdf download it's only accessible via paid subscription sites.
Honda unfortunately stopped doing HELM printed manuals not long after the ZF1 was released.
Someone with an expensive paid subscription to one of these sites would presumably have to laboriously scrape/download it and then assemble it into a pdf.
When I was doing my Lithium research I paid $50 for 1 weeks access and downloaded the IMA schematics and info I needed.

·
Premium Member
8,675 Posts
The nice thing is for 2010-12 you can still buy from Helm a printed one. For 2013 and up simply not available or I would have bought one. I buy full FSMs for all cars I own and l even leave them in the vehicle when I dispose of them.

Apparently this works for 2013 and up.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
2011crzFSM.pdf (You'll have to download as file is too large to preview in google drive)

Hello all, I've read many articles on this site but have never posted anything despite doing a bunch of work to my Z in the last 2 years. I've recently come across the entire FSM off of this strange website (designlabx.com/honda) that just had the entire PDF. I thought I'd post it on here since the other article on this site that had the FSM posted to google drive has stopped working. Hope this can help some of you out! (I also recommend visiting the designlabx website as it is designed as sort of a directory/archive and has specific folders for some things found in the FSM. Seems like it was made by someone who has been documenting all their work to their car)
Yeah, thats my site.. haha..

I see you found it. Now I will have to lock it down a bit more. Damn..

If you could actually remove my URL from your post, that would be awesome. Thanks!!

The crash was also 40mph directly into a telephone pole. Completely totaled the car. That was the way my last CRZ ended. Walked away with no injuries except the honda symbol burned into my arm from the steering wheel. No joke..

Sadly, I cant leave the site open like that. So I have just had to lock it down. However, all of the info is still hosted on this site under various posts.

·
Registered
2012 CRZ EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, thats my site.. haha..

I see you found it. Now I will have to lock it down a bit more. Damn..

If you could actually remove my URL from your post, that would be awesome. Thanks!!

The crash was also 40mph directly into a telephone pole. Completely totaled the car. That was the way my last CRZ ended. Walked away with no injuries except the honda symbol burned into my arm from the steering wheel. No joke..

Sadly, I cant leave the site open like that. So I have just had to lock it down. However, all of the info is still hosted on this site under various posts.
Damn man I’m sorry about all that, I didn’t see this until some moderator took down the url, my bad, if I were to have known you were from the forum I would’ve asked first and not posted the url! At least you got a sick tat.. sorry lol I got bad humor.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Damn man I’m sorry about all that, I didn’t see this until some moderator took down the url, my bad, if I were to have known you were from the forum I would’ve asked first and not posted the url! At least you got a sick tat.. sorry lol I got bad humor.
Its all good man. I share almost all of that stuff here on the site anyways. The reason I have the site is so that I can permanently host stuff and it stays up without being taken down. Thats why in the past, I would generally share the FSM with anyone who wanted, but, not openly as it will attract attention from Honda possibly. I know other forums have had issues with legal stuff doing the same, so everyone keeps it on the DL.

Thank you for removing the URL though.

If you ever need anything, reach out and I can probably help.

Luckily, after that crash I was able to buy another car of the same year, make, and model.. well, except with navigation. I moved all of the parts from that old crashed one to this one. I wish I still had the crashed one though, as parts become more rare I wish I still had it more and more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
First of all, I just want to say thank you for sharing the download from your drive! Very cool....that's why I love this forum - we all help each other on here. I do have a quick question for anyone who may know, the thread title says Volumes 1 and 2. I know some of the discussion was about ZF1 and ZF2; forgive me, but I'm not sure if that means this download was actually just the first volume or if those are something else entirely. If the file DOES include both volumes and thus, the full table of contents, will anyone who might know kindly provide the page number where the second volume begins? Everything I'm working on currently is found in the bottom half of the table of contents. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
8,675 Posts
The FSM as a published book was only available for the earlier Cars, 2012 specifically. If you were to buy it, there is a single part number. I am not sure if it is one book or 2. It can still be purchased here Honda CR-Z 2012 Shop/Service Information

As the electronic ones came from many sources and are frequently removed (technically theft of intellectual property) I can't tell you what is in which file or volume.

This other thread discusses a Honda hosted resource to access the FSM for free for some years. Take a look and see if that helps you.

There is some confusion as to what is a ZF1 Or a ZF2, it is actually in the VIN of the car. It is generally accepted the ZF1 is NI MH cars and the ZF2 is LI-ION, but my USDM LI-ION 2013 has ZF1 in the VIN. Some have said in other markets they got ZF2s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts