Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's graffix expressions. I got a 1 foot long piece. It was good for probably 8 sets. I messed up a little haha but the results are amazing!

Cost for 8+ sets was 16 dollars shipped!!

· Registered
26 Posts
fyi, from experience, if you leave the fogs on while you are sitting still they will bubble and melt after a while. i love their products and have bought a ton of them, but i hope you noticed the disclaimer on the site.

note: if you look at the pre cut kits for the 8th gen si there is a disclaimer, idk if there is under the sheet vinyl section

· Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know about the issue. I have HIDs in my fogs and they are near as hot as the halogens are. I havent seen any bubbling yet and I did leave them on for 10 minutes without any negative effects while installing them.

For others buying in I would be warned though when running halogens.

· Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ I tried that stuff. It's garbage. It doesnt tint the light anywhere near as good as the vinyl I'm talking about.

It made my hids look like halogens. It was thick though but that made it that much harder to apply. Plus the cut was off by a lot.

· Registered
395 Posts
^Def. not garbage. They are made to allow light to pass through while the film retains its color and shape... I have them on my vehicles. Application isn't that bad, the fact it can reapply and pull back and be stretched is perfect -- I install them for our customers occasionally. You'll see how the vinyl looks once its bubbled, shrunk and discolored.

· Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LaminX Right, 3000k HID Left

Looks like crap to me.

Now look at my OP Same comparison.

Running HID's i see no bubbling, no discoloration. Even if there is, who cares? i can just cut a new piece and install it? i lose like 15 minutes of my day. woo hoo.

· Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To each their own i suppose. Personally i think its a liability issue since most states and provinces get pissed at people for having yellow lights. Especially in headlights, and so laminX can make one film for both applications without getting people pulled over because the yellow is so dim.

With my fogs though i see more yellow light output than i did with the naked bulbs.(probably because they were the same temp almost as stock low beams) Just driving yesterday, on white vehicles in lanes next to me probably 20-40 feet ahead i could see yellow on them. I can see the yellow reflecting back on signs. Whether it works or not im sure they are both very comparable. Even if i am restricting some lumen because of the tint my fogs are still brighter than most peoples stock fogs with halogens.

Plus it looks badass! im a fan. Not too fond of laminX just because it doesnt give the results i want, plus my cut was off, and they cost a ton comapred to GRFXP.

However if its protection you are looking for LaminX hands down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.