Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, bit if an odd one but I have a 2010 UK sport . It has a button to the right of the steering wheel to fold the wing mirrors in and out.

The other day I was away with work so left the car parked at a friend's for the week. When I got back last night and unlocked the car the wings mirrors folded out. It's never done that before, especially since I didn't fold them in when I locked it.

Is there a setting to have them fold in when you lock the car or do you always have to press the switch?

·
Super Moderator
5,942 Posts
Hey folks, bit if an odd one but I have a 2010 UK sport . It has a button to the right of the steering wheel to fold the wing mirrors in and out.

The other day I was away with work so left the car parked at a friend's for the week. When I got back last night and unlocked the car the wings mirrors folded out. It's never done that before, especially since I didn't fold them in when I locked it.

Is there a setting to have them fold in when you lock the car or do you always have to press the switch?
We don’t have that option in the US. Hopefully the owners manual can answer your question. There is an online version of the owners manual. I access mine here Honda Owners Site | Tips, Tools & Benefits for Honda Owners Hopefully it redirects to a location or domestic market specific site.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That's interesting! I too have 2010 uk sport and my button does nothing???
I fold mine manually if required.
I'll have a fiddle and see what happens :)
Let us know what you find milo

Reactions: qwertylesh

·
Registered
428 Posts
My audm has the folding mirrors. Its a 2 mode switch, when un-pressed the mirrors will be out, when pressed the mirrors will be in. You can press it whether the cars on or off but it will only retract or detract to the mode the button is on, when the car is put in the accessory II position or engine started.
Accessory I doesn't power the relay for Windows or the fold mirrors.

For mine at least, that's how it behaves. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll look into it. Also oddly enough the mirror fold button will work as normal but you can also extend it out an inch or so but I can’t see what this does? I’ll get a picture up later

·
Registered
159 Posts
Milo, is that not the headlight height adjuster?
Like, if you have heavy load in back , you can adjust headlight beam down?
Shrug!! I dunno :)
Oh, BTW my mirror 'button' just does up down left right...???!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone know what this does when it’s extended?

Also had a look though the menu options and it appears that the uk spec can’t adjust the dash brightness.

Seems like an odd thing to not have
That round dial is the headlight angle adjuster. You want it set to 0 and then push it back in. The only use case for that is if there was a lot of weight in the back of the car that made the headlights point higher up, potentially blinding other drivers.

The wing mirror fold switch is to the right of that dial and has a small icon with a wing mirror on it. This feature is not on the base 'S' spec car though, only Sport and GT. When you press it with ignition in the 'ii' position it will fold the wing mirrors in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah right, I was just wondering why it comes out when you push the button in. As you can adjust the head light dip with the button in.

Thought I might of been able to have the wing mirrors fold in when I locked the car instead of having to do it manually.

I have noticed though that the UK spec doesn't seem to have the menu to have the horn beep when you lock the car.

Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
5,942 Posts
The beep on US specification is not selectable but car beeps on second press of lock button on key/fob,

Do other markets work same way?

@Milo do you have the brightness knob I showed above?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ah right, I was just wondering why it comes out when you push the button in. As you can adjust the head light dip with the button in.

Thought I might of been able to have the wing mirrors fold in when I locked the car instead of having to do it manually.

I have noticed though that the UK spec doesn't seem to have the menu to have the horn beep when you lock the car.

Thanks guys
It pops out just so you can adjust it easier with your fingers. Quite unnecessary and over engineered really.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
What annoys me is when you press the mirror fold button and pull the key out before the mirrors have fully folded. The mirrors will stop part way so you have to re-insert and turn the key to enable the mirror to complete their fold. Some of the buttons on the CRZ do seem a bit quirky in how they operate.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Regarding the OPs original question, if you push to fold the mirrors, then turn the ignition off and then push the button again, they will auto fold back out next time i think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts