Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured-out how to cheat the system? When I'm cruising around in dawn or dusk, I like to just run parking lights with fog lights on (other cars I've had). Is there a wire splice / bypass type D.I.Y. that anyone knows of?

BTW, I'm planning on leaving the OEM HID headlights alone, except for upgrading the high beams to Sylvania Silver Stars (or the like). I plan the same upgrade for the fog light bulbs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Has anyone figured-out how to cheat the system? When I'm cruising around in dawn or dusk, I like to just run parking lights with fog lights on (other cars I've had). Is there a wire splice / bypass type D.I.Y. that anyone knows of?

BTW, I'm planning on leaving the OEM HID headlights alone, except for upgrading the high beams to Sylvania Silver Stars (or the like). I plan the same upgrade for the fog light bulbs.
Quick Search told me this...

Per http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...1/ZT1111OM.pdf it's fuse #15.

That should disable your DRLs.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quick Search told me this...

Per http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...1/ZT1111OM.pdf it's fuse #15.

That should disable your DRLs.
I'm not the one who wanted to disable the DRLs. The DRL and the high beams are working outta the same bulb, I believe. I just want to run parking light with fogs. IF the DRLs HAVE to be on to do so, then so be it... I don't want to have to turn on my HID low beams just to have my fogs running.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Well i was hoping someone would have a solution but i guess not.

I did a bit of searching on the 8th a while back about doing exactly this and there was actually 2 solutions

1. get an aftermarket fog kit from ebay, they are wired already with the parking lights when you install

2. follow this DIY

Im not sure if the wiring is the same on the CRZ to the 8th civic. I would assume yes, our fogs have the same annoying features that the civic does. so i would say yes.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The DIY would be great if the pics weren't BLURRY...:angry::wallbash:

If there's anything I HATE, it's blurry pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.