Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2011 Horizon Turquoise Pearl CR-Z GT-Nav Dynamic+, Glow Pack and Electra 17" Alloys
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - 1000 apologies if this has been covered before - I've got two cracked foglights, like we all do - as I've got a 2011 CR-Z these are the oval fogs (which I think are pretty pointless in function) but I'm trying to find a set of replacements without paying obscene prices for new Honda ones.

I've seen Hellas that would take some work to fit on another thread here, but does anyone know if fogs from other Hondas share the same foglights If I strip the brackets off the new fogs?

These look close?

HONDA ACCORD 2008-2013
CIVIC 2009-2015
FIT JAZZ 2012-2014

The reason I'm trying to explore other options is I can find 1000s of aftermarket fogs for pretty much every other Honda, but not the CR-Z.

· Registered
2011 Horizon Turquoise Pearl CR-Z GT-Nav Dynamic+, Glow Pack and Electra 17" Alloys
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a Chinese kit on Amazon for the Civic that fits. They are okay.

You have to remove the lamp assemblies from the Civic bracket and install them on the CR-Z bracket.
[/QUOTE

Do you know the year of the civic the kit is intended for?

· Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
534 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply! Even if it's not the news I was hoping for.. deep down I was hoping that honda would have shared foglight between models, especially when they look identical shape wise, but stranger things have happened I guess.

Another angle to discuss, will a facelift foglight kit (with the round apertures) fit a pre-facelift front bumper?

I'd happily move to the round fogs but wouldnt consider modifying bodywork or cutting bumpers to make them work. (I'm imagining the apertures, if the same shape, would take a round fog bezel in place of my oval trim?)

· Registered
1,284 Posts

· Registered
1,284 Posts
Sorry friend, I think you're SOL on this one. ZF1 fog lights are proprietary and would require OEM replacements. The best solution is to find used ones. Otherwise you could check with Honda in Japan to see if they still have the LED fog lights for sale, but they are not cheap.

That is just flat wrong.

The oval lamps are used across may Honda models. The brackets and trim are unique to the CR-Z but the lamps are shared.

Morimoto makes an LED oval lamp assembly that fits as well.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is just flat wrong.

The oval lamps are used across may Honda models. The brackets and trim are unique to the CR-Z but the lamps are shared.

Legend. I thought the automotive cost efficiencies at honda would have shared fog light housings and lenses at least, thank goodness I was right!? I'll add the 2009-2011 civic to my list!

Also.. I'll check out morimoto.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is just flat wrong.

Legend. I thought the automotive cost efficiencies at honda would have shared fog light housings and lenses at least, thank goodness I was right!? I'll add the 2009-2011 civic to my list!

Also.. I've messaged morimoto to ask if they've had anyone else fit them to a crz. All the photos of the backs of these units looks like they'd go but I really need to take my bumper off and get a clear idea of what the fogs on my car look like to be sure.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· This space deliberately left blank
2,558 Posts
ZF1 fog lights are proprietary and would require OEM replacements.
specifically, the aiming bracket is the only part that is unique to the CRZ. As others have mentioned, there's loads of other cars globally that used the same light housing.

@KernowMcrae I'll second the recommendation on the morimoto assembly. Put almost 50,000 miles on mine with no issues.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They do look superb, and I'm all about improving the function of things given the chance. Do they ship to the UK?

· This space deliberately left blank
2,558 Posts
They do look superb, and I'm all about improving the function of things given the chance. Do they ship to the UK?

could see if amazon will ship to you. I didn't see them on Amazon.co.uk, but I've bought stuff from there before to ship to the states...so I know amazon will do international shipping.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
evening all, i've ordered a set of the Morimoto XB Leds - can't wait to see them. $60 shipping is a stinger but I am 'across the pond' so I understand!

I will continue seeking part numbers and compatible models of lens to help us out - our cars deserve intact foglights.

· Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
534 Posts
Good stuff! For my ZF2 I ordered open box Raybrig LF07 fog lights and installed them. They were plug and play with the OEM harness and required no special installation or instruction. They're very bright and look pretty neat.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hey all, just to say, I finally finished my fog light replacement today. For anyone else doing it:

Firstly, removing the front bumper is actually super easy -

• remove 4x philips flanged screws in the wheel arches
  • Pop the bumper sides out where they meet the bottom of the front wings, straight out to the side
  • Remove the push clips and rubber weather strip from the top of the bumper
  • remove the one remaining push clip in the middle of the top of the bumper
  • Hop under the bumper and remove the 2x flanged philips screws under the bumper, (at each 'fang' of the bumper :) )
  • Then remove the many push clips along the lower edge
  • Pull the bumper sharply forwards from underneath, and boem, it's off. Just be aware it clips under your headlamps as others have said.
As mine is a euro car, I had an extra complication in the form of headlamp washers attached by a hose leading under the screenwash bottle - they don't give you much slack but you can pop the hose out of its clips and swing the bumper to the side without disconnecting.

I removed the old factory fog assemblies including their brackets, drilled out the hopelessly corroded screws holding the brackets to the lamps, cleaned up and repainted the brackets, and installed the Morimoto fogs - they fitted the bracket perfectly. (they also give you new screws!)

I then replaced the rusted out adjustment screws with some hex headed stainless screws (45-50mm ones) an put them back on the car.

To make refitting the bumper easier, position the bumper on the car, being careful not to trap any of the clip holes under the radiator panel - make sure they're all visible from the top. Then, pop the one top central clip back in, and it'll hold eveything central while you reverse the removal process.

Finally, you're not done until you align the new lamps!

To do this Honda give you tiny access holes in the undertray under the fogs where you can reach up and turn the adjustment screws - clockwise brings the lamp aim upwards - I had to use a long hex headed allen key and sense of feel to find the screw, but it's totally possible. (A ramp to look up the hole would have saved me some time but it's doable on the driveway too). The factory adjusters are philips, and if you're in the UK, horribly rusted by now.

Anyway, here's some photos!

Restored/Painted Brackets and new LED housings
Shoe Hood Sleeve Bag Eyewear

New and old next to each other
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Motorcycle

Old fog assemblies if anyone needs to see them
Automotive exterior Gas Bumper Auto part Electric blue

Bumper off, and pulled to one side with the washer hose still connected
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Automotive lighting White

Drilling out the old screws - what a pain!
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Flooring Hardwood

The Beam pattern - (Yellow LaminX film)
Atmosphere Automotive lighting Cloud Road surface Asphalt

So impressed with the optics in these things - incredibly wide, low beam with no annoying other drivers - just the 'perfect' foglight in my opinion.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Flash photography Automotive design

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts