Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone experience their fog light lens crack on the CR-z? Mind cracked on the one in the middle. This happen to my 2002 RSX twice, until I put a piece of 3m tapes on the lenses that stop it. . I am surprise Honda still use the same type of fog light. I'm sure lots of owners complain. I hope my dealer replace them free of charge.
:sadwavey:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fog light cracked..

I discovered today after washing my car, my left side for light had a crack! Does anyone has an idea how much would it cost if I go to dealership to have it fixed?:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
cracked with <1000 miles

Detailed (Zainoed) my car today. I noticed that my driver-side fog light lens is cracked to heck with ~950 miles on the car (3 weeks old). Trying to find a lens replacement online, since I assume the dealer won't cover this. Never happened on any of my mustangs over the past 15 years. Must be a cheap glass/plastic material used for the lens on these cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can always ask about warranty coverage. I doubt it is covered because it would likely be considered damage or fall under the standard wear/tear items (lights, brakes, oil, etc). Still, my dealer has been exceptionally good and with the low miles they may help out. I really don't mind having a crack since it is difficult to see, but I worry about moisture getting in the light housing and cracking the halogen bulb.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can always ask about warranty coverage. I doubt it is covered because it would likely be considered damage or fall under the standard wear/tear items (lights, brakes, oil, etc). Still, my dealer has been exceptionally good and with the low miles they may help out. I really don't mind having a crack since it is difficult to see, but I worry about moisture getting in the light housing and cracking the halogen bulb.
If it was me I would get it fixed sooner than later. There is a car at work, 98 - 02 Accord coupe, that has a cracked fog light. It must have been cracked for years because the whole damn thing is rusted. It looks terrible. Every time I walk by that car that is all I can look at. haha :cry:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very good point. I checked with my dealer yesterday. Not covered, as expected. they want $210 for a new unit and $165 to do the install. An online Honda dealer will sell me the unit for $140. Anyone have an idea how difficult it is to install? I do all my own work on my '95 chevy truck and older mustang, but not sure about tearing into the front end of this new CR-Z. I did replace the OEM fog halogens with the "whiter" phillips halogens and getting access to the lights via the inner fender housing was not as easy as the owner's manual would have you believe.

One additional question...
Has anyone ever used those clear plastic adhesive protectors that cover the fog light lens? I saw some online for the CR-Z and wonder if they would help with my cracked lens or protect them in the future once I replace this one.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
im waiting on some laminX in the mail, still on order though. Once on i could do a review, or a DIY install. But i dont do much highway driving (hence why my fogs love me so much) so i dont know how a review would work out.

Its supposed to help a bit though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fog lense cracked

My dealer just replace the foglight unit free of charge as good will. After the lens replacement I trace the lens perimeter and put on a peice 3m tape(18ml) on it. Hopfully protect the lens from future damage.

foglight part# 33951-SZT-A01

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very good point. I checked with my dealer yesterday. Not covered, as expected. they want $210 for a new unit and $165 to do the install. An online Honda dealer will sell me the unit for $140. Anyone have an idea how difficult it is to install? I do all my own work on my '95 chevy truck and older mustang, but not sure about tearing into the front end of this new CR-Z. I did replace the OEM fog halogens with the "whiter" phillips halogens and getting access to the lights via the inner fender housing was not as easy as the owner's manual would have you believe.

One additional question...
Has anyone ever used those clear plastic adhesive protectors that cover the fog light lens? I saw some online for the CR-Z and wonder if they would help with my cracked lens or protect them in the future once I replace this one.
I use it on My Acura RSX foglight, the 3M tape(18ML) really protect the lense.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got the part covered by Honda, but I ended up paying for the labor ($55.00). Dealer said that they cannot release the part if I don't do the installation at dealer. :confused: Not bad.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
i have some laminX in the mail, i will report my findings! I dont do much highway anymore though so my fogs love me! :p
I take my snippyness back! i also have a crack in my fog! lame! also my review of laminX was it was garbage. Yes its thick, if you want to apply the clear then it will be worth it. Doing yellow isnt worth it. I wasnt impressed. Also the cut wasnt perfectly accurate.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I got the part covered by Honda, but I ended up paying for the labor ($55.00). Dealer said that they cannot release the part if I don't do the installation at dealer. :confused: Not bad.

Arg, my right side fog is cracked. Which honda dealer did you go to? Was it in orange county?

·
Registered
758 Posts
I am pretty sure something hit the glass on my fog light and cause it to crack. I rarely use my fogs so I don't thing it is from heat.

1 - 20 of 373 Posts