Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 1st and probably the most simple upgrade is to the fog light bulbs on the EX. With those HID's I had the fogs on and pulled into the garage. You could see clearly against the white wall that the factory fog bulbs were way too yellowish/dim and they didn't match. I've read others on here doing the same type thing and the directions are in the manual and very easy. Just wanted to add my 2 cents that I used the Phillips Crystal Vision Ultra bulbs in my fogs and it's a near perfecit match to the factory HID's in color and clarity. I had left one stock in and turned them on and even my wife could see the difference and was amazed at how much better they looked with the Crystal Vision Ultra bulbs. If you're looking for a very nice match to the EX's factory HID's I highly recommend these bulbs. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Phillips Crystal Vision Ultra H11 bulbs installed for fogs...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Both HID low beams and Phillips Crystal Vision H11 bulbs (fogs) on

Front of car with both on...

Only HID low beams on...

Low beam HID's & Phillips Crystal Vision Ultra H11 fogs on as well....

BOTH on together on road....

Hope these pics helped, it really looks great in person.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Hmm...don't like the idea of running 55watts when the stock ones are 35 watts.
Hear a lot of horror storys of melting plastic, wires, etc...
I think most H11's are 55 watts, and the H8's are 35 watts.

The H8, H9, and H11's are almost interchangable.. and can be interchanged with some tiny mods. H9's are usually around 65 watts, and some people have used them successfully to replace H8 and H11s.

H9's have nearly twice the light output of the H11s, which have twice the output of the H8 (or so I have been reading..)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.