Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyyy everyone. Has anyone had problems with their malfunction light coming on with the check emissions light? Mine came on yesterday for no apparent reason. Started the car a few times and it was still on. I checked the gas cap, etc, and that didn't change anything. Then today it went off but so did the whole control over the driving modes?! And now it's back on. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow. 4k miles and I'm already taking it to the dealer... i'm so not pleased right now:angry:.

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Taking it to the dealer on this one sounds like it is the right answer. Let us know what it was..

· Registered
669 Posts
If it is caused by a loose gas cap, the car needs to see several 'driving cycles' with the cap tight before it will reset the light. I'm not sure how the car defines a 'cycle' but I'm sure it's more than a simple start and restart. It likely involves getting car up to speed, the engine warmed up, and a set number of miles. However, based on your experience with driving modes, I'm guessing it's not as simple as a gas cap.

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
^ Yea, The loosing control of the drive modes is suspect.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup. Yesterday I thought it was the gas cap but on my way today it shut off the light, and everything related to even there being driving modes. Then, started her up on the way back home and the driving modes were back... then half way the light was on and driving modes were gone again.

I don't think it's the gas cap ;o)

Made an appointment for tomorrow morning... crossing my fingers that I didn't get a lemon!

· Registered
669 Posts
In 15 years at an Acura store, I've never seen a "Lemon" or a successful "Lemon Law" complaint. I would prepare to possibly leave the car, especially if the light isn't on when you get the car there. IMO, it sounds like its ECU related.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.