Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

So I'm sitting around waiting almost a couple of weeks for registration to get processed here in nyc 馃が
Been reading up about the transmission fluid change on the forum. Looks like something might be worthwhile doing while i'm waiting around.
The car is a 2011 with 88k miles CVT.
I'm guessing if it's never been done, it would still be a good idea to do so or???
Also to confirm this is the correct fluid 08200-9006 ?
I would like to also do the filter, and this is the correct part number for that as well 25430-PLR-003

Thanks All

Premium Member
Yes. Good idea to change it, and yes and yes to the part numbers. A happy CVT has clean oil; an angry one has been neglected. :)

Super Moderator
For a car with no entries in the "Service History Book" in the glove compartment ( or no book!) it is a good idea to replace all fluids and filters and even wiper blades and then follow the minder. I don't understand why when a car is sold all the books are removed :(. If you want a new Service History book or replacement for any of the other books(including the folio for it) that were in the glove compartment you can order them here : Honda CR-Z

Since you have a 2011-12 you can also order the Factory Service Manual from the same place. I just bought a second Service History book for the Speed Bump as I plan to keep it a long time and I make sure that book is filled out every time the car gets serviced.

Registered
2012 EX
On the CVT subject, but not to pollute the OP's post, but courious as to current thoughts from the forum about the aftermarket CVT inline filters?

Reactions: SharkCrz

Super Moderator
I usually have dealer install. I really do not think there is any difference. It is a commodity and you never really know who made it anyway. There is a lot of hype about filters.

Odd but RockAuto does not list that filter.

Registered
2012 EX
It's there, just under OE part number search and not as CR-Z specific... RockAuto

Reactions: Spdbump

Registered
Hey guys, I'm planning on changing the oil in the CVT, do I need to change both the pan and the inline filter or only the inline one?
Thanks!

Registered
2012 EX
Hey guys, I'm planning on changing the oil in the CVT, do I need to change both the pan and the inline filter or only the inline one?
Thanks!
If service history is unknown or has been a few CVT fluid changes since the last, do both whilst you are under there.

Registered
You won't want to see this while changing the CVT Fluid for the 1st time as an owner and not knowing fluid change history. Never assume any fluid drain and refil has ever been done.

MIne has 126k miles, I bought it at 96k, did my 1st fluid drain and fill at 126k, this is what I saw. Those metal shavings make me nervous A.F.

Attachments

Super Moderator
As that is a magnet and some dealerships don't give the mechanics enough shop time for the whole service so they may not have cleaned the magnet or used a method where that is not removed to be cleaned. It is probably not anything to worry about. Better to have changed the fluid than not.

I have always been a proponent of when you get a vehicle change all fluids and filters so you have a base line for long life.

Registered
2011 CRZ EX 6MT
At that mileage, I would have Honda dealer do the fluid exchange with OEM fluid. Regardless of the quality and hype of other brands, OEM Honda fluid is engineered for our gearboxes. Pay the extra coin and rest easy.

Super Moderator
Or just get the Honda Fluid and do it yourself. There is I believe a DIY here and there are many sources for Honda fluid including buying it at your local dealers parts counter.

At that mileage, I would have Honda dealer do the fluid exchange with OEM fluid. Regardless of the quality and hype of other brands, OEM Honda fluid is engineered for our gearboxes. Pay the extra coin and rest easy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts