Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Englishman in UK - I come in peace.
Once my Fabia VRS has passed the Government test (safety, tyres etc), not easy due to lockdowns etcetera I hope to buy a used version in this country.
One question - I am not as young as I once was and have recently found difficulty getting into my daughter's A3 on the passenger side, having had a recent hip operation. Will I be able to drive one of these? I have never seen one of these in the flesh, so haven't been able to test one.
PS I have never used an American forum, so if I have inadvertently offended someone, please don't flame me!
Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z GT-Navi Milano Red
206 Posts
Hi Mike
Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately you may struggle to enter and leave this vehicle. Long doors and low sitting position don’t help especially on busy car parks. Find one and give it a go!

·
Administrator
7,521 Posts
I found by playing with the height of the drivers sear and the angle of the back combined with the small amount of tilt and telecope of the steering wheel I have found 2 or 3 postions I am comfortable driving mine and a few have added a pillow for the lumbar area.. This has been discussed before. Only way to know is find one or two and try it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey Mike,

I usually tell everyone getting into my car to put their butt in first sit and then swing your legs in. That is the easiest way rather than sticking your feet in a normal height car. My buddy is 6’ 3” and he drove my car comfortably.

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't call my car the Go-Kart for nothing because you kinda feel like you are driving a road worthy street legal Go-Kart. Last 3 lady folks of varying 5+ foot height that have been passengers grumble when exiting "this low ass car" but the 2 that drove it really like it, they were all use to driving SUVs

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I don't call my car the Go-Kart for nothing because you kinda feel like you are driving a road worthy street legal Go-Kart. Last 3 lady folks of varying 5+ foot height that have been passengers grumble when exiting "this low ass car" but the 2 that drove it really like it, they were all use to driving SUVs
I’m 5’1” and been driving my 2013 for 8 years. The only time it was too hard to get in was when I tore a knee ligament and was on crutches. Took the bus for a few weeks. Then learned to skate better.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Englishman in UK - I come in peace.
Once my Fabia VRS has passed the Government test (safety, tyres etc), not easy due to lockdowns etcetera I hope to buy a used version in this country.
One question - I am not as young as I once was and have recently found difficulty getting into my daughter's A3 on the passenger side, having had a recent hip operation. Will I be able to drive one of these? I have never seen one of these in the flesh, so haven't been able to test one.
PS I have never used an American forum, so if I have inadvertently offended someone, please don't flame me!
Thanks, Mike.
If you're comparing the Fabia VRS to the CR-Z, you may find the Skoda easier to get in and out of than the CR-Z, but like others have said, You need to sit in one for yourself and decide. It's not just about how tall/short or old/young a person is. If you fit you ship!😁

1 - 7 of 7 Posts