Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at some wheels that are 17x9+38 and 17x9.5+38. Tein Superstreet coilovers will be here friday or monday. Would those wheels fit if i ran a 225 tire? or would it still require camber and fender roll?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I figured it would be out a bit, just not sure by how much. I wanted to get pretty close to the max low on the tein SS's. From looking at other people's setups, 215 in front may be what I need to run. Camber bolts are all I am able to use on the crz to get camber in front correct?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
correct. Eibach has camber bolts for the fit that MAY work... If youre going max low with such aggressive wheels id recommend a different suspension. You need stiffer spring rates to prevent your wheel from eating your fender on bumps / turns, lol (also because of the roll center issue you may have diminished handling but thats another thread worth of info). Also, im going to run a 215 tire on 17x8.5 +30 wheels too so I'd say thats your max width. Im just guessing here because my wheels arent fitted yet.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll see how low I do end up going. I know they are a bit soft, but I should be able to keep from rubbing on turns if I'm careful with it. Roll center may have some slight issues lol. That red crz w/ the 17x9 rpf1's is only outside the fender a bit w/o drop, so mine should be close, im sure it'll be outside a bit, but again, the camber bolts should pull them in enough......I hope lol

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The HKS coilovers are a fair bit stiffer than the Tein SS which my help prevent rubbing. Good to know that a 205 works. I'm gonna start with a 215 and see how that works. I don't mind a stretch but I'd like to minimize it.

Also off topic a bit, PM or post in the coilover thread when you have a chance: what do you think of the HKS coilovers?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
That red crz w/ the 17x9 rpf1's is only outside the fender a bit w/o drop, so mine should be close, im sure it'll be outside a bit, but again, the camber bolts should pull them in enough......I hope lol
im that red cr-z you are reffering to.....those wheels were 17x9 +45 all around
with 245/40-17 tires all around. theres no way i would ever get those fronts tucked.
maybe and thats a big maybe i could tuck the fronts if the tire was 225's, i rolled the fenders and ran some camber.

you're talking about getting 17x9+38 and 17x9.5+38
now keep in mind my fitting was +45
you're talking about +38

thats 7mm furthur OUT your wheels are going to stick out....
you may or may not have problems in the rear
but i HIGHLY doubt you will tuck 17x9+38's in the front....
you would seriously need mad tire stretch and camber and rolling....

but hey, im all about seeing people try....i hope it works out for you...good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I knew that running the tires you're running sgtmorph wouldn't allow me to get very low. Thats why I was planning on a decent stretch and running a few degrees of camber with bolts. We'll see if it turns out as planned. Thanks for the input sgt

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
^ keep in mind though, that more offset will give you more room to run more camber!
absolutely!!! I just wanted to let him know just in case he didnt know...:thumbsup:

Yeah, I knew that running the tires you're running sgtmorph wouldn't allow me to get very low. Thats why I was planning on a decent stretch and running a few degrees of camber with bolts. We'll see if it turns out as planned. Thanks for the input sgt
no probz:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Broke down and made the purchase a little bit ago. Went with some Blitz 01's. I'll most likely be taking them apart and ordering new bolts in gold and painting the centers gold and going through and high polishing the lips and bolt area. Pics will be posted once they arrive. I cant wait!:hyper:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm trying to decide if I want to go w/ these:

or these:

Any input is appreciated, for those that didnt see the wheel, here's what I went with:

I'm going to get a better gold on there though to match the bolts a little better.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah neo chrono would be great, but then I would be doing the center the same. I'm waiting to hear back on pricing for that process, but doubt it'll be in my budget.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.