Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CRZ ex
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! So I just recently bought a 2012 Honda CR-Z and I want to start modifying it but have no idea where to start! Please help me!

·
Premium Member
5,930 Posts
There's also a J's Racing header, which deletes the 2nd cat...
Go to Kamispeed and look at all they have to offer; great customer service, and if I'm not getting my stuff from Honda OEM, besides Kamispeed, I go to KingMotorSports (for Mugen stuff.)

·
Registered
CR-Z 2012 storm silver
28 Posts
Thanks 👍🏻
Just looked at Kami, yes they have some nice stuff I see 👌🏻
Thanks for the recommendations.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you don't know what you want to do, just save the money for now lol. Seriously, just drive it and find what bugs you about it and then start changing things.
What do you want to do with it/what automotive activities do you partake in? IE shows, autocross, drags, just daily.
What other cars do you have or have you had?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
That. ⬆ What is the driving force behind your want to modify this car? More power, better fuel mileage, different looks, different handling, nothing else to spend your money on, Covid boredom or just because that's what you think all the cool kids are doing? The reasons don't matter to us, but they should matter to you and make a big Difference on what mods you start with.

·
Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z EX Nav (Passion Berry Pearl)
10 Posts
I'd say one of the cheaper and simpler mods you can do is to get the window visors if you don't have them already. Really nice if it rains often plus I think the OEM ones look pretty nice!

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
I prefer the in channel Heko style ones. Because of the visibility issues this car supposedly has think long and hard before tinting. One of the things I added to the Speed Bump the first month I owned it was Paint Protection film over the whole front end and all the lights in the front. I had done all the lights on a previous car and liked how the lights did not fog and also my previous car had a lot of rock chip damage. This is something you need to do before you have damage. It is expensive though about $800 and many have ridiculed me for it. Remember it is your car, your money and your wants.

In general I suggest make a list of what you want to do and what priority you want to do them in. Then set a budget add a percentage for situations where you find things that are related to what you want to do but you did not know about them. Also budget for repairs and maintenance. All cars as they age need things like fluids , filters, replacements for parts that wear out ( we have had a number of ABS module failures posted lately for instance $800 new), brakes, tires etc.

Try to not do things more than once. Plan everything out in great detail. That will save you time and money and you may see something someone is selling that fits into your plan but is a great deal then you can change your priorities. Always prioritize repairs over modifications. Make sure you keep the car is the best condition possible. Do not ignore small problems as they become big expensive issues.

Make it Your car, 1 of 1 and don't worry about what anyone else thinks or suggests. Do what makes you happy!

I also recommend to drive the car for a while to see what you really want as opposed randomly buying stuff and then having to remove and sell when you change your mind. Have a reason for everything you change on the car.

I have gotten a lot of feed back when I have said to try and have the car paid off before spending a lot on modifications but that is just a suggestion. Interest adds to the cost of the car. Paying it off early saves you money for more modifications!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts