Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we had the first oil change done at about 6,400 miles (oil life ~40%), before the service light came on. I popped a tire at about 9,300 miles, and had snow tires installed. Yesterday, at almost exactly 15,800 miles the oil life hit 15%, which prompted the following message:

So tomorrow I'm taking Sherman in for the oil change/filter, and tire rotation.

Just thought I'd share since I hadn't seen anyone post any service messages.

Maintenance Minder B Scheduled Maintenance
Recommended service for your 2011 Honda CR-Z
:
Replace engine oil*1 and oil filter
Inspect front and rear brakes
Check parking brake adjustment
Inspect tie rod ends, steering gear box, and boots
Inspect suspension components
Inspect driveshaft boots
Inspect brake hoses and lines (including ABS/VSA®)
Inspect all fluid levels and condition of fluids
Inspect exhaust system#
Inspect fuel lines and connections#
*1: Change the engine oil according to the maintenance minder messages, or annually, whichever comes first.

Maintenance Minder 1 Scheduled Maintenance
Recommended service for your 2011 Honda CR-Z
:
Rotate tires
Independent of the maintenance minder messages, replace the brake fluid every 3 years.
Inspect idle speed every 160,000 miles (256,000 km).
Adjust the valves during services A, B, 1, 2, or 3 if they are noisy.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I had the first oil change done at a local dealership & they reset the MM....since we never let it get down to 15% the first time though, we never actually got a message, so this is the first time I've seen that. It comes on when we start up the car, but goes away as soon as we scroll to another display.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah, sounds the same as the Civics... it comes on at 15% as a reminder then goes away... if you let it get to or below 10% it won't go away unless u manually make it go away by scrolling through it...
They must have changed this a little.. on my old 2006 civic SI it would come up and stay up until you manually changed the display.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
They must have changed this a little.. on my old 2006 civic SI it would come up and stay up until you manually changed the display.
i had an 06 Si also and it would do exactly what i said in my other post... only at 10% and lower would it stay until you change it...

·
Registered
99 Posts
How do you reset it after an oil change? I probably won't have the dealer do any oil changes.
I have learned the hard way to bring the vehicle to the dealer to have maintainence done while under the warranty period.

Typically, nothing is found wrong.

The price of oil changes are very reasonable.

A good service department will know what to look for and pre-empt major repairs.

If something happens during the warranty period, you are covered.

All (except one very horrid dealership), would give me a heads up on what to expect for upcoming repairs.
I then had the choice to do it myself or let someone else do it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i had an 06 Si also and it would do exactly what i said in my other post... only at 10% and lower would it stay until you change it...
Interesting.. I wasn't trying to contradict you, simply pointing out the behavior of mine. It's quite possible mine had a different software version or something. Since I don't have the car anymore I have no way to compare it but I remember the behavior very well. I used to find it incredibly annoying because it would always start with the message displayed and just stay there (regardless of the percentage) unless I manually changed it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do they not have the fixed-price servicing arrangement in the states? I paid £500 up so no worries for the next four years. If the car says jump, I'll jump!
I think some dealerships offer such things, but not where I bought mine.

So far we have 16,7XX miles and have spent:
$53 for 1st oil change at about 6500 miles
$800 for new snow tires + installation (after getting a flat) at about 9000 miles
$113 for 2nd oil change/tire rotation at about 16,300 miles

The tires couldn't be helped--just bad luck; so overall we're averaging less than $0.01/mile in maintenance costs :) Not bad.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.