Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Got my new baby last thursday, and yesterday i went for a small trip to Germany, to test it a little ( more relaxed speed limits on the motorways than where i live... ).

I did 100km on motorway and 100km back on nice windy country roads, all in sport mode.

I really don't get all the reviews complaining about the lack of speed. Ok, it is not a real sport car, but i managed to get to 140km/h on motorway and 120km/h on normal road without going over 4000rpms ( didn't want to push it too much yet ).

Handling is perfect, acceleration is... ok... braking is good, and cornering is fantastic.

Maybe all these pro test drivers ( i've been one ) doing the reviews are forgetting that the CR-Z natural environment will not likely be a racing track, but the road, on wich is fast enough to get you loose your driving license. Ok, maybe not in Germany... ;-)

I still have a big problem... i can use it in sport mode only ;-)
In normal mode i end up pushing on the accelerator too much, and surprisingly i get better fuel compsumtion in sport.

...so, do you know how to configure the sport mode as default, when starting? :)

· Registered
36 Posts
Maybe all these pro test drivers ( i've been one ) doing the reviews are forgetting that the CR-Z natural environment will not likely be a racing track, but the road, on wich is fast enough to get you loose your driving license. Ok, maybe not in Germany
Exactly!! At least somebody has got it sussed! That's the reason I got rid of the Type R, as you just can't rag your car on the roads these days without the fear of being nicked!

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
from what i've read (all over the internet)... the car always starts in "Normal" mode... there's not preset to keep it in any other mode when you start the car...

i'm not sure why people have been complaining about pushing a button... i'd rather it start in "Normal" and just push how i feel like driving... but i guess that's just me...

· Registered
57 Posts
I still have a big problem... i can use it in sport mode only ;-)
In normal mode i end up pushing on the accelerator too much, and surprisingly i get better fuel compsumtion in sport.

...so, do you know how to configure the sport mode as default, when starting? :)
I don't think you can do that, unless you go to some aftermarket shop and have them reset the car's computer (which might well invalidate the warranty). My CR-Z always starts up in Normal Mode, but you can change to Sport immediately afterwards.

· Registered
29 Posts
You can access the customizing mode via the Multi Information Display and activate HOLD ECON which will make it always start in ECON mode.

Not alot of use if you want to start in SPORT but is it so difficult to press a button??

What happens to battery charge if you stay in SPORT for such a long time?

Glad you are enjoying the car :dancing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.